joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 13-14th Nor'easter Threat

NJwx85

4 minutes ago, David-LI said:

Coppied from NE forum

640b7425b24d9.thumb.png.4a07a55494bb97d99ed3c76aaafedc72.png

That 8-10 inches is enough for me, don't need any more than that.

Beggars can't be choosers and especially when it's back end snow it's a lot better than front end snows that get washed away.

It would qualify right up there with the best March snows of the last 3 decades here.

16 minutes ago, LibertyBell said:

Thats not how it works though, climate change means more extremes so more of these atmospheric river events.

One thing is clear though, for us specifically it means a smaller more concentrated JF snowfall season, so I never bite into very late or very early season events anymore.

One rule I steadfastly follow, if JF are bad then our snowfall season is screwed.

The December rule is usually a good one especially in a Nina when we need to do well early. When there’s not at least a half decent Dec event, the rest of the winter almost always sucks. We had the Dec 16, 2020 significant event, Jan 4, 2018 major event etc before those seasons overall were successful. In a Nina we need to score early. 

Too early to tell for sure about what’ll happen with this Mon into Tue event but I’m not encouraged at least for most of us. We need to draw a flush. 

Just now, jm1220 said:

The December rule is usually a good one especially in a Nina when we need to do well early. When there’s not at least a half decent Dec event, the rest of the winter almost always sucks. We had the Dec 16, 2020 significant event, Jan 4, 2018 major event etc before those seasons overall were successful. In a Nina we need to score early. 

Too early to tell for sure about what’ll happen with this Mon into Tue event but I’m not encouraged at least for most of us. We need to draw a flush. 

Unfortunately, this la nina was like a strong el nino for the first half of the season, which is why we got the worst possible combo.

1 minute ago, mattinpa said:

Not bad. Would be nice if everyone from DC-BOS got a blizzard, but that is great for NYC and I would by far have my biggest snow. 

I could see maybe a Snowicane 2/25/10 scenario happen if the capture/fling north happens in a good spot. Berkshires to the Catskills are probably the prime zone at this point. 

• Like 2

Just now, romba said:

This:

640b7425b24d9.thumb.png.4a07a55494bb97d99ed3c76aaafedc72.png

Vs same run on pivotal

sn10_024h-imp.us_ne.png

Let's not get out hopes too high off of one crazy weenie map, I think the pivotal is more realistic here

Anyone around NYC needs the strong dynamics to work out for there to be any real snow at all. If what hits us is anything less than heavy it’ll likely be rain or white rain. The low has to bomb and heights crash in the right spot. People inland and with elevation have more wiggle room with a more marginal setup. 

• Like 1

Theoretically on the Euro, most of this subforum sees 12+ hours of sleet or mixed precip which would cut down on totals along the coast.

Doubt that happens in reality.

We would be under the "death band" for a good 6-12 hours and even though surface temps would be 2-3 degrees above freezing I do believe it would accumulate.

850hv.us_ne.png