• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 13-14th Nor'easter Threat

NJwx85

12Z Icon has perfect track FWIW. I dont buy the precip type on pivotal with that track and intensity.

icon_mslp_pcpn_frzn_neus_31.png

i agree, models always underestimate the dynamic side of cooling. Though it is possible this could end up being all rain for the city, the suburbs will most likely get a lot of snow with that track and intensity. I am not giving up and i'm optimistic with the EPS and euro on our side for at least a few inches.

• Weenie 1

6 minutes ago, mikem81 said:

12Z Icon has perfect track FWIW. I dont buy the precip type on pivotal with that track and intensity.

icon_mslp_pcpn_frzn_neus_31.png

That’s too far east. It’s also captured and tugged N too late, bombs too late because of the issues with the PNA and southern stream gets out too far ahead. We need the dynamics and height falls to happen earlier and further west. We don’t have preexisting cold air to rely on so the dynamics will have to do it. That’s a great run for Boston not us. We get light to at times heavier rain from that look, maybe wraparound snow at the end from the bombed upper low that happens too late.

I’m glad to be proven wrong but so much has to go right for us near the coast to do well from this. We need it to bomb early but not so early it flings the low north across our backyard, and in a way that dynamics are maxed. 

• Like 4

I would say if that secondary piece stuck with the flow of the northern low that would have been a much better run for us than previous GFS runs. We’re still in the game at this point and that’s all we can ask for. If euro holds its ground with a monster hit for us I think our odds increase. It hasn’t waivered. 

• Like 2
  • Weenie 1

20 minutes ago, Winterweatherlover said:

It had a low over eastern LI and 2 feet of snow in the HV.  How is that not a clear west trend? 

2 lows through ct and South of LI that persist for too long.  Where the snow falls isn’t super important on a run 3.5 days out.  I don’t think this is what the storm will look like at least in terms of the capture.  

more to come.

1 minute ago, wilsonvoid1 said:

ukmet is the second best model and it does this. Not sure what to believe but trend isn't our friend, if the euro shows this trend more east i am throwing in the towel for this winter.

Yeah, I mean the entire winter was an extreme la Nina setup. I got excited yesterday but should have known. How many winters does it snow on the beach in California and give us a good winter. 

I am very optimistic for the coming years. 

5 minutes ago, wilsonvoid1 said:

ukmet is the second best model and it does this. Not sure what to believe but trend isn't our friend, if the euro shows this trend more east i am throwing in the towel for this winter.

It really doesn’t seem like the 2nd best model. Idk the statistics but it seems like a lousy model.