Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 4 2023 Storm Obs

MaineJayhawk

53 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

That's pretty much it for here.  Cleared the driveway of what had mostly become a couple inches of on the pavement.  Non-paved has several inches, butI'm pretty sure we ended with less than 5.  

My 3-4” of crapola forecast worked out well. I was telling most people around here to expect that.  

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, wxeyeNH said:

30.8F  Light snow  vis 3/4 mile  10"    84" on the season

This storm brings me just over average for a season.  We have a new metal roof and all season the snow slides off and keeps building up on the north and west sides.  One of our barn windows in the back is completely covered.

Back Snow 3 4 2023.jpg

Kitchen.jpg

Christ 

• Haha 4

so my dad finally got to use the blower this morning and discovered what I did the other day... ariens had to go and fix something that didn't need fixing...the clutch is so sensitive and first gear so fast, it just bounces unless the driveway is flat and smooth... gonna take some breaking in I suspect. Also, their smart turn technology is garbage, found myself fighting the steering the whole time, when my old one was simply a zero turn blower and was great... my dad didn't like how they moved the shoot adjustment to the middle of the blower instead of behind, but that didn't bother me as much as the clutch and steering... regardless better than shoveling of course it hasn't seen a really big storm yet, so we'll see how it does then HA!

• Haha 1

At least I absolutely NAILED the forecast IMBY.......ready, wait for it......ah, 0.000".
I know this is serious business, but y'all gots to have fun.

CONGRATS to those who cashed in!
Always next time till there isn't.
Famous last word "I don't think this season is over." 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, tavwtby said:

good to see that some north areas actually got to climo and it wasn't a region wide rat, still bad, only need an inch though to get to second worst, maybe next weekend we pass the rubicon...lol... I just want spring and planting season at this point

What’s your total at nearly 1k in NW Ct 

30”?

9 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Another sloppy worthless event.  I do feel glad for areas north of me and especially NNE which all things considered is still in the midst of a good snow winter.

I agree. Pretty awesome. Maybe something else like a cane, severe wx, or nice summer stretch makes up for it. Good news is I won't have to battle marine influence in the spring. 

Snow dropped to scattered flakes about 1:15.  Had 7.0" of 15:1 pow after 7 AM for a total of 11.7" with 0.90" LE.  (Unless there's a bit from the ULL.)  Final 2" was dime-size feathers, probably 20:1 or higher, even though it was a bit moist as the temp approached 32.  Stake at 36" and season 87.7, within a few tenths of the season average and the most since 2018-19.  All the above in a bit over 9 hours.  :D

• Like 4