• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
E PA/NJ/DE Spring 2023 OBS Thread

7 hours ago, Albedoman said:

what a joke 1" in Reading and nearly 8 in at ABE   Give me a break. That run is on drugs. Overdose on heroin model run and Narcan cannot even save it. 

Not saying you are wrong, but I've seen this scenario with my own eyes. Coming down off the Blue Mountain on 309 into the Lehigh Valley you can see, off to the right, the entire Valley from west of Fogelsville to Bethlehem. A few years back, the eastern half (toward Bethlehem) was white, and the western half was brown. 

Yesterday was our 1st below normal day of the month....but far from our last. It looks like a sustained stretch of below normal temperatures are on tap for one of few times this non-winter season here in Chester County. It looks like yet another wintry mix arriving later tomorrow PM with maybe a slushy small accumulation especially in NW Chesco in elevations over 600 ft ASL. The real accumulation will be about 20 miles north of here in Lehigh County. More wintry mix is possible on Sunday night but again just a slushy small accumulation.
Records for today: High 78.4 (2016) / Low 4 degrees (1984)/ Precipitation 1.86" (1919) / Snow 6.0" (1976)
image.png.440673cbb7c1d9cb10a71ca42c388b8a.png

12 minutes ago, Voyager said:

Not saying you are wrong, but I've seen this scenario with my own eyes. Coming down off the Blue Mountain on 309 into the Lehigh Valley you can see, off to the right, the entire Valley from west of Fogelsville to Bethlehem. A few years back, the eastern half (toward Bethlehem) was white, and the western half was brown. 

Good early morning (from where you are right now with the scorpions :lol:)! 

Sounds like you are describing what can happen with a nor'easter where the western side would be leeward to the moisture - the rain shadow!

As an obs, I made it up to 46 for a high yesterday and bottomed out at 30 this morning. Currently partly sunny and 33.

25 minutes ago, RedSky said:

Looking like the weenie handbook rule that a top warmest winter will be followed by a cold nasty 33F rain filled March is accurate, April can't get here fast enough

Next week could be a -10F departure SSWE won lol

what do mean, The UKMET gives 6-12" on Tuesday :lmao: to steal a line from ralph, buckle up!

sn10_acc-imp.us_ne.png

• Haha 1
  • Weenie 1