• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
E PA/NJ/DE Spring 2023 OBS Thread

20 minutes ago, LVblizzard said:

0z NAM says hello Lehigh Valley. Almost a foot of snow and still coming down hard at the end of the run.

Yeah I just looked at it too, a big step in the right direction for down here too. Hubba bubba! Coastal is much closer to the coast. The snow map includes tonight so up north is a little inflated.

Screenshot_20230310-221107_copy_1440x1239_copy_574x494.png.a3e06da2f258ac596c4b66abede4fea5.png

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Duca892 said:

Are we good to officially toss that towel in now? Story of our winter. Couldn’t even get 2-3in here in Allentown that looked like a lock 48 hours ago: brutal stuff 

we have been good to toss in winter since the first week in January. Time to think t- storms. We should be tracking them as much as we have been chasing these BS snowstorms on the models. This is the first year in my memory (35 years) that I have not had to even bring out the shovel as the snow is gone in less than 24 hours. The snow that has been recorded at LVI has been all from either white rain snow events that have melted away in less than 12 hours or a dusting from a weird snow squall.    The dusting we had in the arctic outbreak in December blew away and evaporated. I have more dust on my snow shovel and snow thrower.  The real issue to ponder- what the hell happened to all of the alberta clippers in January and was this disappearance a true pretext to our crappy winter?  This year will be known as the year without snow and the year of the lake cutters. I heard more thunder than I saw snow this winter. Disgusting. Also this winter season is known as the season without sunshine. So many cloudy days with crappy below normal temps thus far in March. What stands out the most however in this pattern is the fact that we had so so so many cloudy nights with record warm overnight lows from fall and lasting into the winter season. Whatever happened to the fall crisp and clear nights or the cold clear bitter nights in winter?  I am ready to go back to normalcy that is  for sure. I hope April brings on a new weather pattern with warm spells and t- storm frontal passages 

38 minutes ago, JTA66 said:

I think us southern folk can safely unbuckle—my legs are falling asleep anyway.

37F

I don't think SE PA is out of woods yet. I get that models favor NNJ and north but if this thing intensifies only a little sooner or moves a little west than SE PA is in the game for accumulation.