• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Currently monitoring guidance for March late 3rd through the 4th for the next ( beyond the 28th) significant event

Typhoon Tip

My grandson's first birthday party is scheduled in Southbridge, MA, Saturday morning. When I saw 8-12 for Friday night and 1-3 more for Saturday morning on my Weather Channel app, I felt my heart drop for my daughter and son-in-law (not to mention my wife and me). I can't say I'm sorry to hear the storm will flop south of the pike. We're closer to the NH line, so maybe a few inches here, but Johnny and his little (and not so little) friends will have their party. I'm a snow lover (gotta say more so earlier in the season), but nothing beats a grandson.

9 minutes ago, wx2fish said:

Still a pretty good thump for SNH into NE MA on the front end on NAM. Mid level warmth hits a wall 

Another system with temps 32/33 as meat of precip hits Merrimack valley . I’m feeling confident Elevations are going to win in that area and esp as you transitions to hilltowns. 

1 minute ago, Damage In Tolland said:

NAM wins again . It’s never wrong in these even though people toss . I learned that lesson over the years 

It's the northern outlier right now and it was wrong on 2/23 when it was the northern outlier. While I may lean toward the NAM, taking it verbatim probably isn't a wise move when it's the further north.

• Like 1

... at finite ( sub-consensus consideration) scales...  we can also look for:

marginality begin in-storm correct colder ( now-cast) should a Miller B be under assessed and turn out more intense.  That's sort of a wild-card there, whenever we have a secondary

4 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

It's the northern outlier right now and it was wrong on 2/23 when it was the northern outlier. While I may lean toward the NAM, taking it verbatim probably isn't a wise move when it's the further north.

Another garbage airmass is an issue  hanging over the majority of the CP post initial thump . If this had jacked up mid levels I would be more bullish for N half of mass CP, but as this has slower more falls during day 

2 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Another system with temps 32/33 as meat of precip hits Merrimack valley . I’m feeling confident Elevations are going to win in that area and esp as you transitions to hilltowns. 

Atleast the meat of the thump is night/early. I could see it struggling more on Sat if the CCB is more meh. Unlike the other day, this one will atleast have some northerly drain, albeit a crappy airmass. 

1 minute ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Another garbage airmass is the elephant hanging over the majority of the CP post initial thump 

Yeah you will need real rates on the thump part. Putting 0.05 in the bucket isn't gonna get it done on that. But if we're able to slam in 30-40 microbars and be crushing 0.20" in the bucket every hour, then the sfc temps will be mostly irrelevant...everyone will latently cool to like like 32.

12 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

NAM wins again . It’s never wrong in these even though people toss . I learned that lesson over the years 

I couldn’t care less because this one has been a definite washout here for days but the NAM was definitely a little too warm on 2/28. Had it being almost all sleet where I am and it ended up all snow. 

• Like 1