• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Very persistent signal for moderate snow and ice impact between "Wed night" and "Thur night" this week

Typhoon Tip

9 minutes ago, dryslot said:

12z Nam with a shit sandwich for pike north.

floop-nam-2023022012.sn10_acc-imp.us_ne.gif

that's pulse #1?  It is looking foothillsy until one gets to Maine.  That probably comes south a bit I'd think given the way the precip and cold air has been oriented in the models up to this point.  Big question is does it rot the midlevels for many of us for pulse#2 that is due to come in Thursday evening I think.

3 minutes ago, mahk_webstah said:

that's pulse #1?  It is looking foothillsy until one gets to Maine.  That probably comes south a bit I'd think given the way the precip and cold air has been oriented in the models up to this point.  Big question is does it rot the midlevels for many of us for pulse#2 that is due to come in Thursday evening I think.

Tuesday hasn't looked good for more then maybe 1-2" for a few days over your way to here, Thursday looks like 4-8" in a swath running from west to east over CNE and SW Maine north to the capitol district.

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

What happened to the idea that the Tuesday wave would force Thursday wage south/ colder ?

I mean, it has. This 2/23 event is already quite a bit south from what it was 2-3 days ago. But we’re fighting other variables too. The lead 2/21 wave isn’t the only thing affecting this. 

The dominating forces are the PV,  vs   the -PNA/La Nina circulation mode

Those two have situated ( in the models) a battle ground from Lakes through New England. 

That's why for the very strong consistency for actually getting an event done - those are largely/physically unmovable compared to the smaller disturbances contained. You know... one school says, you should be grateful and end it there.  But no... now that any snow at all enters the discussion, it's hand throwing unfair?   wow  

But beyond that, the gradients are narrowly defined, so much so that mere 'giga' motions in the runs ... less the 50 mi of tolerance even, may dictate if your town gets 5.5" of snow with a crust, or just 1/2" of snow then IP/ glaze ... or less.  It just is what it is. 

Reiterating.. this still looks to me like RUT-PWM is the snow axis.  That may get adjusted, but I haven't seen any reason/evidence yet...  S of there, it's a gradient to including more IP and ZR to eventually cold rainy teared posters.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Why is the Jersey guy laughing at everyone’s posts about north trends!

Because he’s one of the many posters down there that are obsessed with Boston/SNE weather in the winter. If they’re missing out the next focus is on here, hoping that we get screwed too. It’s very much a jealousy thing. 
I know cause I used to be one. Would never come in here and throw it in your faces though like these guys do. Pretty childish. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

33 minutes ago, TalcottWx said:

I'm not even sure what I'm looking at in terms of a run to run difference there on the Nam. How does it jump like that run to run. Skeptical. Especially this close to tuesday

Look at the gradient all models have had . Very sharp and tight . A couple 25 mile shifts north in guidance is about all it takes . I mean if this was really a trend already it would be Rains to lake winni in next 8 more cycles  so I’m hoping maybe it can still move south later today 

• Typhoon Tip changed the title to Very persistent signal for moderate snow and ice impact between "Wed night" and "Thur night" this week
  • ORH_wxman unpinned this topic