• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 21-23 Major Winter Storm

Hoosier

GRR beginning to side with the short range guidance on less ice and more plain rain, atleast along the 94 corridor, shifting highest chance of icing further north. They’re also really beginning to question if the ice will even materialize due to the heaviest qpf occurring earlier and the temps being so marginal - so plenty of good news, hoping it stays that way. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, A-L-E-K said:

Split job sad

If I can't get the minny blizzard I'll take the heavy rain over ice with high winds anyday. Amazing how all of us are on track for a historic winter, and yet one area will be completely remembered for the opposite of a non winter. Weather always wins....

17 minutes ago, A-L-E-K said:

How about cold drizzle with slp overhead

Heavy rain a miss south

was never too invested in this. Look at the brightside, snow melt season will remain easier. I will be following due to the historic nature of the event unfolding in minny. Be interesting to see if the model consistency for days on this verifies.

3 hours ago, Harry Perry said:

GRR beginning to side with the short range guidance on less ice and more plain rain, atleast along the 94 corridor, shifting highest chance of icing further north. They’re also really beginning to question if the ice will even materialize due to the heaviest qpf occurring earlier and the temps being so marginal - so plenty of good news, hoping it stays that way. 

I would tend to agree with GRR at this point.   The ground right now is relatively unfrozen and lake are open water.  My point being with marginal temps these unseasonably warm ground temps might be all the difference between cold rain and ice.  We'll see.

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

10 hours ago, Harry said:

Same. Need to get a south trend going tonight. :weight_lift::weenie:

Gonna pull out the ole magnet.. 

Unless there is some changes in the models in the next 24 hours I think this is going to be mostly a cold rain for us south of 96-69 line.  I just don't agree with the colder surface temp solutions.

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

11 hours ago, Harry said:

Really has been a few crappy years huh? Ofcourse I didn't notice as I used to as I have been too busy doing other stuff. Ofcourse the mid/late 2000s and 2010s kinda spoiled us with them 80, 90, 100+ winters here. This area went 15 or so years without a winter below 60 inches.

Fyi. Back in the 1930-60 period the normal here was around 40 with only two going above the 60 mark and a slew of 18-30. For the time being it's now closer to 70 thanks to the 2000s and 2010s. 97-98 was the last time this area failed to make 40 or even 30.. 

Been 3 yrs of well BN for me personally. To the point where I'm joining Jonger's club not looking forward to the season in SMI since it's one long endless dreary autumn.