joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 23rd Storm Threat: keeping positive vibes, ending chances of futility

TalcottWx

4 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Hoping to crack 5”. At 4.5 now

145BFB0A-B390-4196-AB77-899167CC977D.jpeg

Looks like I'll finish at 4.5  ... it's still coming down so won't call that, but at just under 4 at the moment with steady blue tinted dusk snow. 

everything encased.   32.5 events do have their aesthetic advantage -

Oh, that's in addition to the 2 last night prior to the switch... 

1 minute ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Looks like I'll finish at 4.5  ... it's still coming down so won't call that, but at just under 4 at the moment with steady blue tinted dusk snow. 

everything encased.   32.5 events do have their aesthetic advantage -

Oh, that's in addition to the 2 last night prior to the switch... 

Nice to see you posting tonight since you bailed on this threat this morning . You ended up a mini jack up there 

• Weenie 2

Thought I'd chime in from Rhode Island. I'm in Pawtucket, but my weather station is over in North Providence, about 2 miles and 50 feet higher in elevation. It is 32.4 there right now. About 1.0 of snow, maybe. It was very wet and just above freezing for most of the early part, so even though it was snowing fairly well, it really didn't stick. It's moderately snowing right now. (I live in an old mill building in Pawtucket, no where to put my weather station. So I keep it at my sister's house in North Providence). It does everything but measure snow). 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Nice to see you posting tonight since you bailed on this threat this morning . You ended up a mini jack up there 

I think it was pretty well modeled?  I saw numerous 6-8" products in this region - or close enough by...  Not like this was unexpected.  I also did mention I'd stop by closer to a total late.   I have a day job where I'm not sure if IT brother's are watching - i can't loiter in here. Lol.   

We've sneaked our way to 16" on the season ... Couple more front enders ...even if they end as disappointment to winter enthusiasts, and at least along this region of rt Poop we'll be saving face.   Below average but saving face 

5 minutes ago, dendrite said:

15.0” on the nose

still light to mod. 28.4°

You are mid state mid el NH ... keeping that in mind... I can remember at time back decades ago ... (puff off the pipe -)  getting 7" out of an afterthought system like this would have broke news as a true freak event- why...

Lol.  Now...?   15"  not bad

haha

4 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

I think it was pretty well modeled?  I saw numerous 6-8" products in this region - or close enough by...  Not like this was unexpected.  I also did mention I'd stop by closer to a total late.   I have a day job where I'm not sure if IT brother's are watching - i can't loiter in here. Lol.   

We've sneaked our way to 16" on the season ... Couple more front enders ...even if they end as disappointment to winter enthusiasts, and at least along this region of rt Poop we'll be saving face.   Below average but saving face 

Big brother is always watching (Thanks Biden). 

Yeah these are really just stay padders in SNE as the best part of winter has passed us. NNE though is different now. They’ve got a beast mode base . It’s nice to see. That won’t melt until late mid- Feb up there. When you lose all of Dec and most of Jan.. it’s extremely difficult to have a good winter snowfall wise other than padding stats.. even with a biggie .  

• Weenie 1

21 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Fell into the 15-18" zone by the time this last batch comes thru to get me another 0.2.

IMG_1855.jpg

Super!  Your area really got pounded during the day.  We had 6.3" by 7 AM and I was pleased with another 3.8" to reach double digits and a 24" pack, but you must've had 9-10" after 7.