Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 15-16 2023 Storm Potential

Baroclinic Zone

6 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

NAM slugs a big area of QPF west too.

Yeah on Monday night....lol. This whole setup is kind of a clown show. I don't expect model guidance to be consistent on this, so we're kind of going old school with each model cycle....back to the 1990s and early 2000s when you'd have 100 mile shifts inside of 48 hours.

• Like 1

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

How far west did HRRR sling snow?

Like it brought an inch from ORH to maybe Windham county near Garth...you get a little less, like maybe a half inch verbatim. Gvies Scooter to N RI like 3 inches though, lol.

It's prob on crack, but might as well keep an eye out. 3k had a little bit in eastern areas but not like the HRRR

2 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Would it even accumulate with marginal temps though? I suppose 1” on grassy knolls is a town wide shutdown this season… 

Lower levels should cool quite quickly tonight...I'd expect most everyone is at or below freezing by 09z outside of the coastal spots. So any snow that is in the 09z-15z time range early tomorrow should stick. I don't really expect much of anything in that time range, but should it materialize, it should be cold enough for something better than white rain.

10 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Would it even accumulate with marginal temps though? I suppose 1” on grassy knolls is a town wide shutdown this season… 

I think here it may be more of a mix issue with sleet vs lower level temps. I think we'll get to 32 fairly easily. Further west like where you are would certainly be snow should any moisture be there.

2 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Gfs has light snow inside 495 most of Saturday night.

Coming west with the bigger band on Sunday too. Though again, it remained the eastern outlier at 12z so it had to come west…hitting the cape by 48h. Not sure if it will reach BOS this run. 

3 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Coming west with the bigger band on Sunday too. Though again, it remained the eastern outlier at 12z so it had to come west…hitting the cape by 48h. Not sure if it will reach BOS this run. 

Gets back to central MA with light stuff and more widespread light snow in much of NNE.

1 hour ago, CoastalWx said:

I think here it may be more of a mix issue with sleet vs lower level temps. I think we'll get to 32 fairly easily. Further west like where you are would certainly be snow should any moisture be there.

Oh I’m not thinking about here. We’ll be lucky to see a stray flake. For you guys there, hopefully what falls accumulates.