Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2023 Banter

George BM

2 hours ago, Maestrobjwa said:

I think this is the best option, imo I mean yeah not having the bye before the SB is gonna suck for the two remaining teams, but...it may be the most fair option...either that or a...tie?

There is literally no other viable solution. They have done away with the bye week before, so they can certainly do it now given the circumstances.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, CAPE said:

There is literally no other viable solution. They have done away with the bye week before, so they can certainly do it now given the circumstances.

@Baltimorewxand I were just chatting about this in the office -- rumor is they will not make up the game and go by winning records for seeding. kind of screws over both Cincy and Ravens since that game really would have helped determine division winner. 

Just now, ravensrule said:

I apologize Mommy Mappy. 

You can be a jerk all you want about it. but to crack that kind of joke about suicide and a hotline when you have no idea who reads our forums is terrible.

seriously. shame on you. 

• Like 6

Regarding the game … let’s be honest … if this player had been a horrible car crash before the game, they would have played. It’s the fact that it happened on the field. Stopping the game was the correct call, but they should have completed the game the next day. The Cubs and Cardinals played a game the day after Darryl Kile was found dead in his hotel room. 

Not being harsh, it’s just reality. Playing the game would not be jeopardizing the health of this player and the fact is, life doesn’t stop or wait. Just my opinion.

1 minute ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

Regarding the game … let’s be honest … if this player had been a horrible car crash before the game, they would have played. It’s the fact that it happened on the field. Stopping the game was the correct call, but they should have completed the game the next day. The Cubs and Cardinals played a game the day after Darryl Kile was found dead in his hotel room. 

Not being harsh, it’s just reality. Playing the game would not be jeopardizing the health of this player and the fact is, life doesn’t stop or wait. Just my opinion.

I think the bigger thing is the players being able to play a game immediately not knowing how their teammate is doing. today has been probably the best update so far that he is responding to care well.

so i get why they didn't move on it right away, but it being at the end of the season and time running out, NFL doesn't have many options. 

I was taking to a friend and said the same thing in that if this had happened a day after the game and was an accident on his own personal time they would play Sunday. 

You could also now have the family say he would want them to play with signs that he’s getting better. That would clear up any concerns over the NFL making them play too soon. 

I don’t think they will have to make up the Monday game depending on the results this weekend. I still think they could just call it a tie game if needed and both teams would be ok with it

37 minutes ago, mappy said:

@Baltimorewxand I were just chatting about this in the office -- rumor is they will not make up the game and go by winning records for seeding. kind of screws over both Cincy and Ravens since that game really would have helped determine division winner. 

Actually it helps Cincy, right? That automatically gives them the AFC North title, lol

1 minute ago, Maestrobjwa said:

Actually it helps Cincy, right? That automatically gives them the AFC North title, lol

potentially -- Ravens/Cincy this weekend still to play

I think overall in the AFC though Buffalo/KC would end up 1 and 2

36 minutes ago, mappy said:

Also potential huge impacts on the Bills-Chiefs seeding. Bills beat the Chiefs head to head, but by playing one less game(if they both win their final game), Chiefs have the better win % and Bills would have to travel to KC for a playoff game. That just isn't right.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, CAPE said:

Also potential huge impacts on the Bills-Chiefs seeding. Bills beat the Chiefs head to head, but by playing one less game(if they both win their final game), Chiefs have the better win % and Bills would have to travel to KC for a playoff game. That just isn't right.

that too, and the second tweet to that thread said the number 1 seed would either pick a first week bye OR home field advantage, not both as usual

its kind of messy. 

15 minutes ago, CAPE said:

Yep, it would be more tolerable if the Chiefs beat the Bills head to head, but they didn’t.  

40 minutes ago, mdhokie said:

At this point, play the game. I get suspending the game at the time, but it was a "getting struck by lightning" random occurrence. Don't really care what it does to the Ravens chances but they need to make the Bills/Chiefs seeding legit. 

I am sure they want to play the game but the issue is when and how. This could not have happened at a worse time in the season. The only option I see is pushing all the playoffs back a week which would eliminate the 2 week break in between championship games and Super Bowl....but the NFL loves their media week so I dont know. This also would potentially create an unfair advantage as all playoff teams would have a week off except Bills-Bengals.

As for how things stand now, as the board's resident bengals fan, bengals and ravens definitely got short end of a stick in a very unfortunate situation - but it is what it is.  Bengals were playing for the 2 seed if they had beaten bills, and they had a definite chance to find a way to a win. As it stands, likely locked into the 3. Ravens lose all chance at playing for division if bengals/bills is declared a no contest.  

But making bengals/bills play during usual wildcard weekend while every other AFC playoff team  rests up is a pretty lousy suggestion too. Lots of bad options. It's gonna blow for Bengals if they get past ravens in a playoff game to have to go to Buffalo in next round when they were playing for right to a second playoff home game of their own. But, in the end, most everyone will be unhappy. Except for KC, which gets the 1 seed despite having lost to both Buffalo and Cincinnati. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

As for how things stand now, as the board's resident bengals fan, bengals and ravens definitely got short end of a stick in a very unfortunate situation - but it is what it is.  Bengals were playing for the 2 seed if they had beaten bills, and they had a definite chance to find a way to a win. As it stands, likely locked into the 3. Ravens lose all chance at playing for division if bengals/bills is declared a no contest.  

But making bengals/bills play during usual wildcard weekend while every other AFC playoff team  rests up is a pretty lousy suggestion too. Lots of bad options. It's gonna blow for Bengals if they get past ravens in a playoff game to have to go to Buffalo in next round when they were playing for right to a second playoff home game of their own. But, in the end, most everyone will be unhappy. Except for KC, which gets the 1 seed despite having lost to both Buffalo and Cincinnati. 

Yep, as a Ravens fan, I honestly dont care a lot though because the way they have been playing on offense and likely still no Lamar Jackson, they are losing 1st round regardless unless the defense can somehow play lights out which I doubt in playoff football.

Just now, Baltimorewx said:

Yep, as a Ravens fan, I honestly dont care a lot though because the way they have been playing on offense and likely still no Lamar Jackson, they are losing 1st round regardless unless the defense can somehow play lights out which I doubt in playoff football.

sounds like you should stop being a Ravens fan ;) 

• Haha 1

• mappy unpinned this topic