Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2023

wdrag

3 hours ago, EastonSN+ said:

This may be a shot from the ECMWF.

Maybe our friend SE ridge can flex and give us a light event?

image.thumb.png.865c5242cb08929852c528d9ab369045.png

This is probably the storm the CMC now has as a hit. The CMC is a little inside the benchmark so if the Euro and CMC met toward the middle it might be a needle threader. Obviously a longshot.   

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, snowman19 said:

If 1/27-2/2 doesn’t work out, we will probably have to wait until early March for the next window. The pattern looks to get hostile after 2/2

Hostile?  Yikes.  Sounds like a torch.  Then you have more things going against you when March arrives, although it has been slow to warm up around here in recent years as spring approaches.  A shutout is a very real possibility.  Do we hope for a garbage time touchdown to get rid of the goose egg or just embrace the chance that history will be made?

• Like 1

Hostile?  Yikes.  Sounds like a torch.  Then you have more things going against you when March arrives, although it has been slow to warm up around here in recent years as spring approaches.  A shutout is a very real possibility.  Do we hope for a garbage time touchdown to get rid of the goose egg or just embrace the chance that history will be made?

History. I don’t want a few one-out singles while you’re down ten in the ninth.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

Early on some model runs teased us with this thursday's storm, but of course it's ending up warm. Same for the sunday into monday storm, but now all models give us rain. I'm guessing it's the same thing for the day 9 storm now, and it'll trend warmer as it gets closer like all other storms this winter. But of course we'll keep an eye on it just in case. You never know for sure with weather. 

The good news is that it appears likely that we're finally gonna have a cold pattern for a little while (maybe a week) late in the month after that potential day 9 storm. Hopefully finally having some extended cold will give us a better chance of scoring. It might not work out, but at least it gives me a little more hope right now. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, winterwx21 said:

Early on some model runs teased us with this thursday's storm, but of course it's ending up warm. Same for the sunday into monday storm, but now all models give us rain. I'm guessing it's the same thing for the day 9 storm now, and it'll trend warmer as it gets closer like all other storms this winter. But of course we'll keep an eye on it just in case. You never know for sure with weather. 

The good news is that it appears likely that we're finally gonna have a cold pattern for a little while (maybe a week) late in the month after that potential day 9 storm. Hopefully finally having some extended cold will give us a better chance of scoring. It might not work out, but at least it gives me a little more hope right now. 

It's been warm all along. This is the first time a model is giving us snow for the late week storm. 

The 26th is now the day to watch IMO. CMC shows rain changing over to snow as the low exits while the ECMWF shows a bomb in the benchmark. My concern is the lack of a good 50/50 low but HP around the storm (antecedent and incoming) is cold enough. The question being will the next runs trend towards a coastal hugger or track the low over interior southeast NY State. 

WX/PT

ec-fast_z500_mslp_us_10.png

• Like 4

• Rjay unpinned this topic