Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2023

wdrag

1 minute ago, SnoSki14 said:

No threats for us whatsoever. No 50/50s in place. Every system should cut well west 

A great stretch though for C/N NE and the ski regions up north. Even parts of SNE might do well

Looks like the 12z GFS run has next weeks systems shifting further east from the 06z run. Subject to change of course. 

I think our best chance is still the 25th-26th. There's more cold air around and a slight shift in track to the south and east would put the low pressure out over the ocean close enough to yield some significant snow to much of the NYC Metro Region. Still the odds are against it happening as the models all at this point depict a rainstorm here with the track of the low over us or to our north and west. But as I said yesterday I think this is the one to watch.

WX/PT

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Wxoutlooksblog said:

I think our best chance is still the 25th-26th. There's more cold air around and a slight shift in track to the south and east would put the low pressure out over the ocean close enough to yield some significant snow to much of the NYC Metro Region. Still the odds are against it happening as the models all at this point depict a rainstorm here with the track of the low over us or to our north and west. But as I said yesterday I think this is the one to watch.

WX/PT

Agree that one has the best chance although more likely warm/wet than frozen. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, hudsonvalley21 said:

Looks like the 12z GFS run has next weeks systems shifting further east from the 06z run. Subject to change of course. 

The 12z gfs did shift east but it’s really now just in line with other models. Honestly the model agreement of the two storms next week is pretty good right now and they look almost identical except the second one starts out a little colder. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EastonSN+ said:

All in all, IF that northern stream low didn't dominante and become historically strong, that follow up wave could have easily hit us and instead of looking at History for CPK it would be a run of the mill ratter. 

Shows how little nuances can cause such drastic changes

It even snowed on cape cod over the weekend. It takes a lot going wrong to not get any snow all winter even in a bad pattern but NYC may find a way the way this winter is going. 

• Thanks 1

The 12z gfs did shift east but it’s really now just in line with other models. Honestly the model agreement of the two storms next week is pretty good right now and they look almost identical except the second one starts out a little colder. 

The GFS being where it is for Wed/Thurs is a bad sign IMO. You want to see it suppressed and OTS and a miss at this range. It almost always corrects further west as you draw closer to the event. If there’s a further west correction from where it is now, that’s not good

2 minutes ago, Winterweatherlover said:

It even snowed on cape cod over the weekend. It takes a lot going wrong to not get any snow all winter even in a bad pattern but NYC may find a way the way this winter is going. 

Yup, almost like not having a single thunderstorm all summer.

3 minutes ago, snowman19 said:

The GFS being where it is for Wed/Thurs is a bad sign IMO. You want to see it suppressed and OTS and a miss at this range. It almost always corrects further west as you draw closer to the event. If there’s a further west correction from where it is now, that’s not good

That’s a good point and beyond even the gfs I can’t think of too many storms that ended up a coast snowstorm that didn’t have several runs of models showing OTS. 

Id be pretty surprised if either storm next week is a coast snowstorm although wouldn’t rule out some frozen precip to start especially NW of the city. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Allsnow said:

Shades of this past December on the gfs. Two interior hits then cold dry before pattern breaks down 

If that continues then futility records are in play. Feb looks warm too on weeklies. Only thing that could muck it up is some March storm.  

Getting 0 snow is probably a long shot though but fingers crossed 

• Like 1

That’s a good point and beyond even the gfs I can’t think of too many storms that ended up a coast snowstorm that didn’t have several runs of models showing OTS. 

Id be pretty surprised if either storm next week is a coast snowstorm although wouldn’t rule out some frozen precip to start especially NW of the city. 

You want the GFS clipping Cape Cod and the eastern twin forks at this range because you know it’s going to inevitably move west as you get close to the event

1 minute ago, SnoSki14 said:

If that continues then futility records are in play. Feb looks warm too on weeklies. Only thing that could muck it up is some March storm.  

Getting 0 snow is probably a long shot though but fingers crossed 

In some ways it would actually stink if storm 2 next week was an inch of snow to heavy rain and that’s what blew the record. 

15 minutes ago, Winterweatherlover said:

A lot of time to see the trends. Hopefully they are bumps east not west. 

• Rjay unpinned this topic