Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 22 - 25 possible historic wintery/mix/rain event obs

Hurricane Agnes

2 hours ago, Birds~69 said:

Pretty much.

It will only be a problem at intersections where the snow melted and created a puddle then froze.:arrowhead:

I don't why but people have water coming from their houses. Just took a walk, frozen puddles streams all over. Amazed. At night, I would probably take a spill if not careful. Live near from the North Wales train station. Can't believe people don't bite it getting off the train at night. Road gutters/entrance ways are iced up...

16F

50 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

As long as you have bread and eggs, all good.

Can't make french toast then! :lol:

Well my temp hit the mid-teens well before the 7 pm estimate as it's currently 15 with dp 4.  I had turned off the humidifiers during the rain but time to fire them up because I expect the dp may end up in the negative single digits and I'm not partial to zapping myself walking through the house.

31 minutes ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

Can't make french toast then! :lol:

Well my temp hit the mid-teens well before the 7 pm estimate as it's currently 15 with dp 4.  I had turned off the humidifiers during the rain but time to fire them up because I expect the dp may end up in the negative single digits and I'm not partial to zapping myself walking through the house.

If there's a will there's a way. Some of the recipes/cooking I made w/limited resources is mind blowing looking back...

Well, 12F.

12.jpg

2 hours ago, KamuSnow said:

22F here, DP 8. The snow frosting dried up or melted, but this cold means business.

Lost a tree around noon that we knew was on the way out, had planned on cutting off one large mostly dead branch, but now the whole tree is down. It was about 7 feet from the NW corner of the barn, but it fell due north, thankfully. I mean thank goodness! It did empty the rainwater out of the green wagon, lol. Gives me something to do in my spare time, haha.

1223221458_HDR_copy_2945x2767_copy_2486x1986_copy_832x665.jpg.093446e89f6a2fb4d0f6092851bf4300.jpg

To quote the Christmas Story "just when all was right with the world" couldn't have happened at a colder worse time.

• Like 1

wAfHYTC.png

Brr! It's ok though, got a pot of tomato sauce reheating on the stove for our annual Xmas eve lasagna. I made the sauce back in September but I recall not reducing it enough and then making an incredibly much better batch a month later that is already gone. So I'm going to reheat and reduce 6 qts down to 4 and tweak it a little bit to try to match that later batch. Wind is howling but the house is warm and smells amazing.

I am considering leaving a faucet trickling overnight though--I'm not concerned about the indoor plumbing as our basement never gets much below 60, but I have no idea how well the plumbing outside will fare since we're on a bit of a hill with significant backfilling all around. I figure better safe than sorry.

7 minutes ago, JTA66 said:

9F…and now with the added pleasure of shocking myself every time I touch something around the house.

Humidity in my house went from ~38% (with humidifiers or with the rains yesterday/today) down to 25% (with them off and the end of the rain).  Literally just filled my big one and turned it on.

Am now down to 10 and the dp is -2.

1 minute ago, donsutherland1 said:

At 8 pm EST, the temperature in Philadelphia was 14F (-10.0C). The temperature has now fallen 45F (25.0C). That is only the 4th day on record on which there was a daily range of 45F (25.0C) or greater.

My high early this morning (~2:40 am) was 57 and I am at 10 right now, a 47 degree drop! :huh:

• Like 1