• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
December 22 - 25 possible historic wintery/mix/rain event obs

Hurricane Agnes

Since we do have a variety of forum posters in areas that will see snow/sleet/ZR - at least initially and on the backend, plus there is a flood threat, along with some potential advisory-level winds and possibly record breaking cold, decided to go ahead and make an obs thread.

Currently misty and mostly virga and 36 with dp 32 here in NW Philly.

18 minutes ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

Since we do have a variety of forum posters in areas that will see snow/sleet/ZR - at least initially and on the backend, plus there is a flood threat, along with some potential advisory-level winds and possibly record breaking cold, decided to go ahead and make an obs thread.

Currently misty and mostly virga and 36 with dp 32 here in NW Philly.

You forgot the kitchen sink ;)

33F/DP 29F. Rain...ho-hum

37 minutes ago, Newman said:

32F and rain here. The meso models have all been coming in more pronounced with precip along the arctic front, specifically rain. That will definitely increase the chance of a flash freeze with rainfall imminently occurring during the freeze process

Nightmare.

I'm definitely interested on how this pans out...

34F/rain  

• Haha 1

The latest models continues to show the potential for a small accumulation of snow following the cold front passage tomorrow morning. The NWS has trended even colder for Saturday - now forecasting the record lowest high temperature ever recorded (since 1894) for Christmas Eve Day with a high of only 17 now forecast.

GFSimage.thumb.png.1943f78471cbf56d8e307de985d51f5b.pngimage.thumb.png.27c9ebba04d759f89f75fcea0a32093c.pngimage.thumb.png.d16aa4f54c6680b714554e81b1736eab.png

49 minutes ago, Newman said:

32F and rain here. The meso models have all been coming in more pronounced with precip along the arctic front, specifically rain. That will definitely increase the chance of a flash freeze with rainfall imminently occurring during the freeze process

Might want to wipe down the car doors so they don't freeze shut.

35F/DP 34F...light to mod rain

Temp still rising here IMBY and at 39 with dp 39.  Have 0.21" in the bucket so far and currently have light rain.

Am getting rain up against my back windows that face NE and checked to see the low getting ready to emerge off the coast.  So between that and the highs up over Maine and NE Canada, am getting that easterly component.

current-surface 128pm-12222022.gif

1 hour ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

Temp still rising here IMBY and at 39 with dp 39.  Have 0.21" in the bucket so far and currently have light rain.

Am getting rain up against my back windows that face NE and checked to see the low getting ready to emerge off the coast.  So between that and the highs up over Maine and NE Canada, am getting that easterly component.

current-surface 128pm-12222022.gif

I feel like that map verbatim used to produce....1037hp anchored over Maine, NE flow as coastal takes over, half decent antecedent cold air mass. This hobby may require a move N and W to higher elevations in the coming years for me personally....far N and W.