Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2023 Obs/Discussion

Torch Tiger

10 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

This head cold is insane...  It's just unrelenting misery.  I had f'um Covid last April. I'd take that over this any day of the week.  My god

I have a nasty cold too. So much going around right now. Went through my entire workplace like wildfire 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

I've been noticing that too. Interesting.   It's like the data assimilation runs want to pull a Pac wave with more power dynamics, but the measured/realized sounding version don't.

That's just just purely speculation based on the run differentials, mind you.  Could be science fiction. Lol.  But yeah, when see a better cyclone materialize and bring low/moderate goods, it's been the 06 or 18z versions.  

Wolfie and I have been noting it, too...odd.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Yeah not a bad look from the ensemble.

Sneaky fun aspect there ... helluva long fetch coming in by way of a impressive +PP situated ideally N of Maine.  It's more impressive actually that the ensemble mean has 1038 contour... I mean we focus on the cyclonic regions but that's big.  

Granted the SSTs are just now into the 40s, but the synoptic air mass sourcing isn't coming from N. Atlantic. It's coming from the Canadian archipelago.  That comes with other interesting value. OES being one... But but that could end up with saturated inversion flurries everywhere. 

Just now, Typhoon Tip said:

Sneaky fun aspect there ... helluva long fetch coming in by way of a impressive +PP situated ideally N of Maine.  It's more impressive actually that the ensemble mean has 1038 contour... I mean we focus on the cyclonic regions but that's big.  

Granted the SSTs are just now into the 40s, but the synoptic air mass sourcing isn't coming from N. Atlantic. It's coming from the the Canadian archipelago.  That comes with other interesting value. OES being one... But but that could end up with saturated inversion flurries everywhere. 

I'm hoping for some OES for my snow starved se MA brethren. 

• Haha 1