• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
"We're gonna need a bigger plow..." Massive, persistent singal now emerges discretely in the models, 20th-23rd

Typhoon Tip

10 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Defense mechanism? No defense mechanism here pal. What’s your defense mechanism…poo pooping every single threat that comes along?

Whatever. Your idea of cooked is laughable at this range. But knock yourself out.  

I will say that if this system looks like this tomorrow, then I am out. I am getting to the point that I was at with respect to today's system on Sunday.

Not dead, but dying....the storm is a week out, but what matter is at like day 4.

JMO, but I think you need to lay off of him a bit....this does not look good. Its essentially the GFS vs the world at day 4.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

This isn’t a melt, but I’m just so sick of whatever this pattern is. Hopefully if this thing cuts to Chicago we can shake things up a bit.

Id roll the dice with a shakeup heading into the new year.

If I have to see another NAO chart, or any other “days 10-15” look amazing, I’m literally going to vomit.

a phrase that should be banned lol

2 minutes ago, brooklynwx99 said:

the entire longwave pattern is completely different on the GFS and ECMWF. laughable at this range

ezgif-2-d51ce73c73.thumb.gif.3468620e5cbc155695b3cf7a9f4f8659.gif

It really isn’t, it’s either the PV goes into BC or it’s ejected.  Pattern supports the PV into BC.  Check my posts from over a month ago on this very idea.

this is the difference between the two outcomes. everything after this is gravy

the GFS has a much more amplified vort diving out of AK... this means that it travels slower and allows the TPV to get out ahead of it, leading to the two-piece solution

the ECMWF has it much flatter, which allows it to catch up and mingle with the TPV, leading to the farther W solution with very little confluence

which one is right? there really isn't a way to tell at this point, but we will know in the next 48 hours. I'm sure that we will see some EPS members that amp this up like the GFS and some that flatten it like the ECMWF, leading to considerable spread

ezgif-4-08d4bbe7f5.thumb.gif.9f00d84293c1ae4e13dbb1aaf42904a6.gif

• Like 4

Just now, HIPPYVALLEY said:

I’m on board with you in terms of we will give this about another 36 hours to correct.

I'll give it 24....if we are like this at 12z tomorrow, then I am out.

Keep in mind...CMC and ICON blow, UK is nuts and EURO likes to bury energy west at least excuse imaginable....so we have a consensus, but its kind of a handicapped consensus.

Not dead, but in some trouble...give it a day.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Snowcrazed71 said:

What the hell's wrong with this forum. You got some people who like to taunt, and push people's buttons. Maybe you get off on that but have a little consideration.

On the other hand, you have people who live and die by each model run.

If you really think about it, we're all on here for the same reasons. We all want to see that epic pattern, we all want to have that huge snowstorm. It's just not always in the cards. More often than not, it's not in the cards.

I would love to have had a real good snowstorm before Christmas. And there still is a chance that can happen. But it might not. There's so much more s*** in this world. Going on that so much worse. But we got to take something that we all love and push each other's buttons. 

Let's try something new, let's try treating each other with respect and learn how to have different opinions without attacking each other.

If you can't take some ball-busting, then this may not be the best forum for you.

2 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Keep in mind...CMC and ICON blow, UK is nuts and EURO likes to bury energy west at least excuse imaginable....so we have a consensus, but its kind of a handicapped consensus.

It’s just frustrating because we all know that great patterns don’t necessarily produce great outcomes still it’s nice to have something to look forward to.

Other than the folks in the hills around Gardener today, the general stingy snow pattern for the RT 2 area over to your hood continues. 

3 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

And the GFS has a severe SE bias 

10 minutes ago, Hazey said:

A Christmas Torch. A time honored Maritime and New England tradition. Lol we just can't shake this. 

4 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I’d give it to Sunday, but if this went to hell it’d be worse than what I thought couldn’t be topped in 2020 with King Grinch. 

Doesn’t look good, but I’m holding for now…