Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter Banter Thread

Rjay

1 hour ago, Sampson said:

Can’t recall who, but the WFAN dude who was on from like 2 to 8 yesterday was out of his mind hyping up the Giants. He was basically calling them the favorites. SMH 

The Giants deserve credit for playing very well, but they were playing the worst 13 win team ever last week. The Vikings had many games where they just barely beat mediocre to bad teams during the season. They were actually -3 on point differential during the season, so obviously they were extremely lucky to win 13 games. No surprise that they were 1 and done in the playoffs. 

1 minute ago, Sampson said:

I was in the car when the show first started and he was going nuts. 4 hours later and he was still hyperventilating when I was out for something else. It was like a 4 hour cocky-ass pre game speech for Giant fans. 

He was "broing" pretty hard.  

• Like 1

I was in the car when the show first started and he was going nuts. 4 hours later and he was still hyperventilating when I was out for something else. It was like a 4 hour cocky-ass pre game speech for Giant fans. 

I hate when they do that. Some of the hosts just turn the obnoxious bar argument schtick up to 11. I find it very off-putting. I miss Steve Somers, but then again, I’m just interested in the Mets.

As for football, I hope the giants can build on this.

Regarding Mahomes, I find him very likeable. Seems like he’s someone the team rallies around.

• Like 2

I drunkenly shouted out at the bar I was watching the game at to "break his leg, put him down like a horse, and piss on his grave"

A cute eagles fan turned around shocked and then chuckled.

I probably had an in but then remembered she was a dirty bird fan. That's a line I won't cross.

I need help.

• Haha 4

35 minutes ago, Nibor said:

I drunkenly shouted out at the bar I was watching the game at to "break his leg, put him down like a horse, and piss on his grave"

A cute eagles fan turned around shocked and then chuckled.

I probably had an in but then remembered she was a dirty bird fan. That's a line I won't cross.

I need help.

Good evening Nibor. I’m not sure if Will has office hours, this late, on a rainy Sunday night. Stay well and dry, as always ….

27 minutes ago, rclab said:

Good evening Nibor. I’m not sure if Will has office hours, this late, on a rainy Sunday night. Stay well and dry, as always ….

Will and I would probably smoke a J before he reaffirmed my poor decision making.

Then while walking out the door he'd give me a sports tap and a wink.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, North and West said:

I hate when they do that. Some of the hosts just turn the obnoxious bar argument schtick up to 11. I find it very off-putting. I miss Steve Somers, but then again, I’m just interested in the Mets.

As for football, I hope the giants can build on this.

Regarding Mahomes, I find him very likeable. Seems like he’s someone the team rallies around.

It's that style of play I find annoying.

It's going to be Eagles and Bengals in the SB, both teams are steamrolling their opponents.

12 hours ago, ForestHillWx said:

Not sure what he’s commenting on, dudes dynamic. That performance yesterday was all guts, even assuming they numbed his ankle at the half. 

Kelcie on the other hand looks like he could do with a dose of humility, but he backs it up on the field. 

Yeah Kelcie needs to face some of those 80s kind of hard hitting defenses lol.

Either way, they're going to get humbled by the Bengals next week-- they've lost 3 in a row to them?

• BxEngine locked and unpinned this topic