Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 2022

dmillz25

16 hours ago, gravitylover said:

How's Thunder Bump looking? Do you think they have a deep enough base to make it through the r***? At some point I'll come up and show you around some of my favorite spots in the LHV in Patterson. Do you mt bike? 

They are looking okay. Only 6 trails open and not edge to edge coverage. It will be interesting to see how they hold up today and tomorrow. Whatever happens though, it will be bulletproof ice for Saturday and Monday. I used to mountain bike, but hopefully once my son is old enough I'll get back into it. Let me know if you are ever around here!

• Like 2

Forky I’ll never forget your Jan 6th (I think?) call last year with the highly uncertain system. Lots of back in forth in the thread then you randomly popped in and quipped “enjoy the snow,” and snow it did.

Think I got a very respectable 5-6 inches out of that. Bookended by 1/29 getting 16. Was a nice Jan for me. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Volcanic Winter said:

Forky I’ll never forget your Jan 6th (I think?) call last year with the highly uncertain system. Lots of back in forth in the thread then you randomly popped in and quipped “enjoy the snow,” and snow it did.

Think I got a very respectable 5-6 inches out of that. Bookended by 1/29 getting 16. Was a nice Jan for me. 

Was a 1 month winter but at least it was January-we started torching in early Feb

43 minutes ago, mikem81 said:

Coastal looks much for impressive then the upper level low right now at least at surface

The upper low is taking forever to close off and it’s happening further NE than expected a few days ago. The only place snow amounts are a big deal are the lake effect belts. It’ll probably snow more in central PA today than Chicago. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

The upper low is taking forever to close off and it’s happening further NE than expected a few days ago. The only place snow amounts are a big deal are the lake effect belts. It’ll probably snow more in central PA today than Chicago. 

The surface low doesn't really pop now until the ULL is in Western PA so Canada gets a major snowstorm instead. If the trough had dug a bit more we probably could have gotten the surface low to run up the apps which would have still torched the immediate coast but probably would have brought a nice front end dump to the interior.

4 hours ago, floridapirate said:

Ive seen one flash freeze in my life despite the many calls for one.  Im banking on the latter.

They're hard to come by in Florida.  I've seen quite a few here.  Most were associated with an artic cold front passage accompanied by snow squalls and I don't recall the dates.  Others associated with more notable low pressure have been mentioned here (2\76, 3\2005).  One thing they have in common is a minor snowfall accompanying the temperature drop.  Without precip, the roads tend to dry out. They haven't been common over the past few years, but when you have to be out when a flash freeze is occurring, it will leave a mark.

• Like 1