Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 2022 Obs/Disc

40/70 Benchmark

10 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

So I got the impression you were more hopeful for interior SNE. I’m well aware of nuances. But I took your outlook as more favorable for interior SNE. Am I the only one?

If ORH gets shut out, then yes...worse than I had thought. Still a couple of weeks left.

1 hour ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Yup. RNA is the reason that I didn't go big this month. But if it ends up as awful as last December, then that is bad luck. I agree that I didn't expect it to be that bad snowfallwise near the coast. 

3 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

3 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I mean people throwing around “vibes” of Feb 2013….how is that not weenie trolling? The exact opposite of the trolling many think about. Nothing said Feb 2013 except for some “enhanced” cookies. 

That was made after blizzard  runs by EPS GEFS dick wad. Had that vibe at the time. Put down the scotch.

2 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

If ORH gets shut out, then yes...worse than I had thought. Still a couple of weeks left.

How on Earth did you think I was trolling you. My point was that I think your outlook doesn’t quite explain why interior areas have been meh so far. I didn’t say it was bad or trash it. Quite the opposite. 

I think all we need around here is one or two inches next Friday night to cover everything up and give us a festive feel for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. Even without the big storm, I think that would really make a lot of us happy and just put us in that spirit. If we don't have it. I'm still going to be in the spirit, but it would just make the spirit even more exciting for us whether weenies.

And before any of you shoot down my post or call me a weenie, you know you want it just as much as I do

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Link to 2 days in a row. Ok Mr reasonable level square headed. You follow your tail never lead.

I’ve  said many times why the pattern is an issue. Trust me, it sucks to post about it, but it is what it is. I try to be level headed. I thought things would work out and it hasn’t. My bad. I’m honest with myself. 

2 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Lol non weekly guidance only goes to 16 days. What guidance are you quoting

Yeah it’s too early to punt first half of Jan. Post-Xmas looks useless though for now. Most guidance has AK pig retrograding back toward Aleutians in early January which matches some of the tropical stuff so it’s possible we get into a good pattern sometime in early January, but obviously no guarantees. 

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, Snowcrazed71 said:

I think all we need around here is one or two inches next Friday night to cover everything up and give us a festive feel for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. Even without the big storm, I think that would really make a lot of us happy and just put us in that spirit. If we don't have it. I'm still going to be in the spirit, but it would just make the spirit even more exciting for us whether weenies.

And before any of you shoot down my post or call me a weenie, you know you want it just as much as I do

Out of curiosity.. where are We getting 1-3” on Xmas Eve? 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Out of curiosity.. where are We getting 1-3” on Xmas Eve? 

No I never said we were getting it on Christmas Eve. I'm talking about the storm for Thursday and Friday. There is a possibility on the back end of the storm for Friday night that we could see a little snow.

What I meant was wouldn't it be nice to have it on the ground for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.

6 minutes ago, Snowcrazed71 said:

No I never said we were getting it on Christmas Eve. I'm talking about the storm for Thursday and Friday. There is a possibility on the back end of the storm for Friday night that we could see a little snow.

What I meant was wouldn't it be nice to have it on the ground for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.

When Ginx, coastal and DIT start going at it just keep your head down.  A 3"  event cures all in here. (That's 8" if you are measuring on a hill in Tolland) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

14 minutes ago, Southshorewx said:

When Ginx, coastal and DIT start going at it just keep your head down.  A 3"  event cures all in here. (That's 8" if you are measuring on a hill in Tolland) 

I’m not going at it. I’ve been steady state and not insulting anyone. Somehow I’ve been a target. 

• Like 4