Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
November 2022 OBS/DISC

Baroclinic Zone

1 hour ago, ORH_wxman said:

“Interior….even into SNE” is going to favor places like N ORH county out to Berkshires. Your interior but pretty far south in context to where NNE/CNE turns into SNE. 

Yeah Hubbdave to Berks. When a place like Tolland is going toe to toe with Weymouth and Taunton….not sure we consider that interior. :( 

1 hour ago, ORH_wxman said:

“Interior….even into SNE” is going to favor places like N ORH county out to Berkshires. Your interior but pretty far south in context to where NNE/CNE turns into SNE. 

Interior SNE has got to include far N CT. The climate of SE MAss where Scoots lives in S Wey is so different than here 

1 hour ago, Snowcrazed71 said:

You're too funny man. You're the one that said 1-3"/2-4" event just yesterday.... Now you're saying no events through Thanksgiving.

Come on man, You're smart enough to know that the pattern will probably change from what we're seeing today. That's the nature of the models. 

You gotta translate DIT posts into his language.

If he’s only thinking a 1-3” event might happen, it really means some flurries and maybe a few snow showers. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

Interior SNE has got to include far N CT. The climate of SE MAss where Scoots lives in S Wey is so different than here 

Sure it does normally without any context with it, but his context was “NNE and maybe into interior SNE” which means you’re looking at the northern part of SNE. 

I really wouldn’t get hung up on it. We might get an event and we might not. But latitude is really favored this early. Even places like CON and southeast NH at lower elevation average more snow in November than ORH hills even though the latter averages more in a season…the interior elevations further south just make up for it later on. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Sure it does normally without any context with it, but his context was “NNE and maybe into interior SNE” which means you’re looking at the northern part of SNE. 

I really wouldn’t get hung up on it. We might get an event and we might not. But latitude is really favored this early. Even places like CON and southeast NH at lower elevation average more snow in November than ORH hills even though the latter averages more in a season…the interior elevations further south just make up for it later on. 

I could have been more clear, but you hit the nail on the head. Sure he could see flakes but it helps to get latitude as you said. 

24 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

You gotta translate DIT posts into his language.

If he’s only thinking a 1-3” event might happen, it really means some flurries and maybe a few snow showers. 

Lol. Sometimes that is true . But when I made that post.. I honestly thought based on models  we’d at the least whiten things up 

22 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Lol. Sometimes that is true . But when I made that post.. I honestly thought based on models  we’d at the least whiten things up 

Yeah we’ll see. We still may get a little event. Just because models don’t have one at day 8 or 9, doesn’t mean one can’t pop up. 

• Weenie 1

29 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

:lol: 

Still definitely can.  Just need some squall or snow shower to pop up or more through.  Can whiten up the grass and mulch beds for a decent SHSN.

8 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Well I meant the Wed storm . Though as Tippy noted .. it keeps trending south and colder and suppressed .so we’ll see

Oh interesting, I didn't see many runs (even long range) bringing synoptic snows down south of the Pike but I definitely might have missed them.  I thought they had some flakes but nothing that some squalls couldn't accomplish either.

2 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

In addition to the innacuracy of having 1/3 of NYS as "new england", it completely ignores the entirety of Maine--most of which is interior.

Whatever.

It probably would’ve helped the artist if they used a map that didn’t cut off a third of Maine. 

• Haha 1