Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
October 2022 OBS/DISC

40/70 Benchmark

On 10/10/2022 at 12:53 PM, HimoorWx said:

Retired on September 30th and enjoying a 3 week trip in the UK. Beautiful Bluebird skies today in Cardiff. 20221010_162430.jpg20221010_164522.jpg20221010_164937.jpg

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Happy retirement!   On 10/1/2020, my first day after retiring 9/30/2020 it was around 80.

61/44 here on the Clinton/Lancaster/Bolton junction. Nearby stations reading in the mid sixties. Got down to 39 last night and had ice on the windshield Sunday morning even though the temp bottomed out at 37. Foliage seems to be quite a bit ahead of recent years, but this might be due to living outside the city. Don't remember so much color in Worcester before the 20th in past years. Foliage is absolutely beautiful here--brilliant oranges and yellows--in spite of expectations that it would be hurt by the summer drought.

Nothing like fall in New England.

• Like 1

That's a winter cutter aspect, the 'ribbon' echo squall line.  

So many southerly gales end by means of one of those from later October through Xmas in the climo of this region.  

The Dec 5 2003 snow storm was preceded a week earlier by DPs near 70, transported by southerly winds gusting to 55 mph which was swept out by a frontal system/squall like that.   Two days later ...a polar front brief 1/4 mile vis squall where I lived in Winchester, followed by a deep cold incursion.  I remember it was 9 F at 8pm ..maybe Dec 2 ?   Then,    boom

• Like 1