Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
Wake me Up....when September Ends....

40/70 Benchmark

3 hours ago, DotRat_Wx said:

I've had the best the east has to offer between winter 2015 and the many other recent blizzards. I am excited to have a slightly better chance at severe, and this area definitely better for snow pack. Will be nice to not have to worry about marine taint. I start work tomorrow at WFSB. 

Good luck and watch out for the bears in Simsbeary.

17 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

It has been years since I've watched a whole regular season MLB game. Playoffs are fun though. 

It’s been years since I’ve watched an entire nfl game. Red Zone has brought me back in some. There are way too many play stoppages and they have just about neutered defenses. At least the Red Zone cuts out all the useless BS. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Every single night.  For hours.  All you can eat buffet, always games on of most teams, can flip between games, it’s like Sunday football but all the time.  Football would be sick if you didn’t have to wait a week to get it again.

I think the great thing about football is the scarcity of it. Every game matters so you need to watch. It adds to the drama. There's not a ton of drama to me watching a MLB game in May, June, July, and August. Everybody's different though. 

• Like 1

Just now, WxWatcher007 said:

I think the great thing about football is the scarcity of it. Every game matters so you need to watch. It adds to the drama. There's not a ton of drama to me watching a MLB game in May, June, July, and August. Everybody's different though. 

It’s action packed, crazy plays etc. Just man stuff. 

12 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

It’s action packed, crazy plays etc. Just man stuff. 

It’s not though. Play stops All. The. Time. It takes half an hour for the final 2 minutes of a half or game, there are constant commercial breaks and the replays take forever. Think about it, it takes over 3 hours to play a game with 60 minutes of playing time. Even that 60 minutes only contains like 11 minutes of actual play. The only way that it’s even half bearable is sliced and diced to take all the extraneous standing around out. 

34 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Yeah no argument on the drama aspect.  The trade off to a daily game for 6 months  vs. once a week for 4 months is the added drama and physicality of the sport.

Football is a very fun for betting and it’s ability as a fantasy sport is unmatched.  

I enjoy sports a lot, weather and sports. Baseball and football is basically like persistent daily -SN vs. one sustained, congealed period of accumulating snow.  They both have their place.

62/62 dripping, misty fog hanging in the backyard. Humid but cool. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

Yeah no argument on the drama aspect.  The trade off to a daily game for 6 months  vs. once a week for 4 months is the added drama and physicality of the sport.

Football is a very fun for betting and it’s ability as a fantasy sport is unmatched.  

I enjoy sports a lot, weather and sports. Baseball and football is basically like persistent daily -SN vs. one sustained, congealed period of accumulating snow.  They both have their place.

62/62 dripping, misty fog hanging in the backyard. Humid but cool. 

What a great time of year for sports.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, powderfreak said:

Nice meso-low swirl on radar just went south of Montreal and is now entering N.VT by Jay Peak.

Harder to see on this regional radar but the path of that swirl looked to drop a lot of water.  Torrential rain in it.

0F51FEA5-98AC-4FBB-B78B-0EB212374AD0.gif.924d7207fce15698a83a4f126a28a326.gif

EEABF220-1EB9-4B22-8851-DD61F1E765A6.jpeg.21278ea0dbc10628683a020f80ebbca1.jpeg

That's about to roll through here.  Would post the radar gif but it's barkin at me about size limits...https://weather.cod.edu/satrad/?parms=subregional-New_England-comp_radar-24-1-100-1&checked=map&colorbar=undefined

58°F off a high of 80°F, 0.07" so far tonight.

2 hours ago, mreaves said:

It’s been years since I’ve watched an entire nfl game. Red Zone has brought me back in some. There are way too many play stoppages and they have just about neutered defenses. At least the Red Zone cuts out all the useless BS. 

The commercials are really tiresome.  I used to TIVO games and skip through the commercials. Game took about 1.5 hours max.  Now I have NFL gamepass and switch over to redzone when my game has a commercial.