Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Wake me Up....when September Ends....

40/70 Benchmark

9 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

As climates warm .. that has meant and will mean more Stein for E MA(see last 10 years as an example) .. ultimately less snows. But probably more damaging wind 

Conceptually, warmer more humid air would bring more rainfall.

Anything to back up that it’s been more Stein?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Locked inside with jackets on . Grey, gloomy .. bad moods. That’s what we want from Nov- Feb.. but not in summer 

One of the best days of the summer...nice and cool...ideal for doing late summer/ early fall yard work...numerous people out and about in the neighborhood ....the only people wearing jackets indoors are age 85 and above. ...if I didn't know better I'd swear you  helped chiseled Moses' stone tablets...

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Conceptually, warmer more humid air would bring more rainfall.

Anything to back up that it’s been more Stein?

No.. if you look at just last 10 years.. look at E MA. More specifically his area in SE MA on south to Cape . How many dry summers have there been? This summer was humid after June 30 and it was the top 3 driest summer in that area . Small sample size sure.. but does it signal what can happen in future.. yes 

5 minutes ago, Great Snow 1717 said:

One of the best days of the summer...nice and cool...ideal for doing late summer/ early fall yard work...numerous people out and about in the neighborhood ....the only people wearing jackets indoors are age 85 and above. ...if I didn't know better I'd swear you  helped chiseled Moses' stone tablets...

I’d bet no one was outside at all doing yardwork other than going to their cars to get gas for gas cans for leaf blowers for fall 

7 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

No.. if you look at just last 10 years.. look at E MA. More specifically his area in SE MA on south to Cape . How many dry summers have there been? This summer was humid after June 30 and it was the top 3 driest summer in that area . Small sample size sure.. but does it signal what can happen in future.. yes 

Dude it’s been wet to my south. It’s the Cape recently that’s Stein. More like outer cape. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I’d bet no one was outside at all doing yardwork other than going to their cars to get gas for gas cans for leaf blowers for fall 

Well you lost that bet...so pay up...I accept Paypal...Several people including myself were outside doing yard work...  Hey instead of paying me my winnings ,keep the money.  use it  to buy yourself a new granny shawl ...it was 63 degrees out....you make it seem like it was Siberia in January...

2 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Wasn’t it supposed to be a harsh cold shot in SNE Friday with 50’s  by day and freeze at night? Ryan has  66/44 for Friday 

Nobody had freezes across CT Friday;  there will be upper 50's for highs across most of elevated CT... Ryan's number likely reflects the highs for metro areas as well as I-91 corridor...

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, FXWX said:

Nobody had freezes across CT Friday;  there will be upper 50's for highs across most of elevated CT... Ryan's number likely reflects the highs for metro areas as well as I-91 corridor...

There was definitely talk in this forum of frosts and freezes in SNE on Friday / Saturday . I even made a post saying it would  never freeze on hilltops . No biggie . Looking forward to moving on from this endless summer now into autumn 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1