Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
August Discussion/Obs

weatherwiz

9 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

For all my ball busting I think odds are you are largely dry but 0.25-0.50” slight possibility.

Stein’s had you locked in his basement for months now.  You’re mentally and emotionally broken, tired of shitting in a five gallon bucket in the corner of the basement.  The only entertainment you have is once a week Stein brings you a different Nicholas Sparks book that you clutch like it’s the Bible.  You’re experiencing stockholm syndrome, starting to enjoy Stein’s company… and Scooter has told you he might know how to unlock the deadbolt on the basement door but you can’t bring yourself to even entertain the idea that there may be a way out in the future.

Hopefully you get a crack in the door with this event.

Fair enough . 
My station pumps out a soaking .11 

Dew is 56.3 now . It’s dry in low levels 

MbWZs72.png

2 hours ago, powderfreak said:

Surprised how much water these cells can lay down with some lackluster dew points.

That was a downpour on par with like 70F dews not 50-55F.

2 hours ago, OceanStWx said:

It's a very tropical style rain. Low echo centroid, with much of the cell below the freezing level. 

4 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Fair enough . 
My station pumps out a soaking .11 

Dew is 56.3 now . It’s dry in low levels 

I had the same thought but was impressed with almost a half inch of water in under 15 minutes despite dews 50-52F.

See the above posts from a couple hours ago.  Don’t let the dews fool you.

4 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

I had the same thought but was impressed with almost a half inch of water in under 15 minutes despite dews 50-52F.

See the above posts from a couple hours ago.  Don’t let the dews fool you.

Well my question is.. why didn’t that same NE flow that we did have today produce those same showers/ storms that NNE into WNY had? Why was there nothing south of there in same flow / cold pool?  My uneducated guess is dry air in low levels more prevalent in SNE along with subsidence from offshore low 

33 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Well my question is.. why didn’t that same NE flow that we did have today produce those same showers/ storms that NNE into WNY had? Why was there nothing south of there in same flow / cold pool?  My uneducated guess is dry air in low levels more prevalent in SNE along with subsidence from offshore low 

Mountains here created the instability is my guess.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Maritime taint