Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
June pattern and forecast discussion

weathafella

1 minute ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Yeah, I know him through a friend.  It's been down for a while but just recently cut and split.   Last year it was ready to burn by October. 

Doesn't matter if it's been down. Doesn't start drying until you cut  and split. What kind of wood?

1 minute ago, kdxken said:

Doesn't matter if it's been down. Doesn't start drying until you cut  and split. What kind of wood?

Maple, Ash and Oak with some Black Locust mixed in.  He cut and split it in April so I'm hoping it's good to go by Thanksgiving.  I still have a little under a cord left over from last season.

Radar is a lot more bark than bite.

0.04" here, enough to wet the ground.  Looking at the PWS around NY/New England, so far it's 0.0-0.10" for most, largely under 0.05" despite a green radar.

The stuff in E.NY is starting to add a slight bit of water but the first half of radar echoes with this line looks like mostly virga.

animate.gif.75376be059058d744482ce939d5ded5b.gif

6 minutes ago, Cyclone-68 said:

Time sensitive but if anyone has a lightning fetish as I do, here are some cool webcams of the powerful t-storms currently moving thru Nebraska. The third one down in particular:

https://www.3newsnow.com/weather/weather-cams

edit: I’m moving to Nebraska 

Just non-stop! Hope we can get this here soon. THIS SUMMER BLOWSSSSSSSSSSSSS

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, kdxken said:

Curious as to if anyone has given thought to heating their home next winter? Natural gas prices have already doubled this year and home heating oil  is sitting at six bucks a gallon.

I’ll leave the tank empty and make everyone wear arctic gear inside. no hot water either, kids. 

But for real, it sucks…eventually we’re going solar and geothermal heating/cooling. The ground loops to run geothermal take up a good amount of electricity so that’s where the solar comes in. It was initially more of a 7-10yr plan for us but I’m pushing the wife to make it a 3-5yr plan instead. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Cyclone-68 said:

Time sensitive but if anyone has a lightning fetish as I do, here are some cool webcams of the powerful t-storms currently moving thru Nebraska. The third one down in particular:

https://www.3newsnow.com/weather/weather-cams

edit: I’m moving to Nebraska 

Second video down shows some type of lowering on the bottom left. Hard to tell b/c it's dark but maybe a wall cloud 

30 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Maple, Ash and Oak with some Black Locust mixed in.  He cut and split it in April so I'm hoping it's good to go by Thanksgiving.  I still have a little under a cord left over from last season.

Should be good with the Maple and Ash. If the black locust is from mature trees you also might be okay. The oak will likely take all the BTUs just to burn it.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, dendrite said:

No idea, but it's the same price as Feb when my furnace shit the bed and I was getting oil for $3.30/gal.

That's great I would lock in. If one source of fuel is way cheaper than another it doesn't take long for water to find its level.

21 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

0.04" here, enough to wet the ground.  Looking at the PWS around NY/New England, so far it's 0.0-0.10" for most, largely under 0.05" despite a green radar.

The stuff in E.NY is starting to add a slight bit of water but the first half of radar echoes with this line looks like mostly virga.

Yeah just sprinkles here. Not complaining. The drier the better.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

23 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

A nice cell just came through here and delivered a heavy trace. 

• Weenie 1