Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
May 2022 Thread

weatherwiz

27 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Lots of trees starting to open. Pawpaws are slow, but they’re always last. Got 2 bare root apple trees planted today. Got roasted while doing it too. 

Planted the garden veggies this afternoon.Various types of tomatoes and peppers. Will stake the tomatoes when they get a little taller. 
3Sv6W8y.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Top 10 day.  Skiing in shorts and a t-shirt.

Skinned up to the Mansfield Stake and the mountain is still buried.  

246992755_May1Stake.thumb.jpg.50a32ba26019d54b936dea0aaf2c295a.jpg

Highlight was about halfway up I had a bear pop out from behind a snow gun maybe 30 feet away (he was real close), thing looked at me confused and when I slowly tried to take my backpack off to get to a camera he ended up bolting.  Those black bears can move, ha!

187159156_May1BearPrints.thumb.jpg.b4cc18217eb76fef4221b01e0eeb7162.jpg

Over 2,000 vertical feet of great skiing on May 1st.  Picked up quite the sunburn too.

1479100385_May1Liftline.thumb.jpg.744ba70e0e18d8c88ae3581c13c23659.jpg

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Planted the garden veggies this afternoon.Various types of tomatoes and peppers. Will stake the tomatoes when they get a little taller. 
3Sv6W8y.jpg

Seems a bit early for peppers and tomatoes? They can be pretty sensitive to temps under 50⁰, especially young plants....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Spanks45 said:

Seems a bit early for peppers and tomatoes? They can be pretty sensitive to temps under 50⁰, especially young plants....

Huge chance. I have always waited until after the last full moon in May. I mean growing season is so long. You can wait

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Ooh yeah planting Tomatoes this early, big chance

I waited until around Mayorch 20 last year and my pepper yield was very low. It was too late IMO. I get way too many tomatoes and not enough peppers . The 40” of rain last summer did no favors to the pepper plants . I decided this year with the mild look the next 10 days and then big warm signal after that … that there’s no freeze chances.. so get them in early and hope for a better yield. 

• Haha 1