Jump to content
  • Member Statistics

    17,124
    Total Members
    7,904
    Most Online
    laikakat
    Newest Member
    laikakat
    Joined

April Pattern/obs thread.


weathafella
 Share

Recommended Posts

16 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Everywhere .. everything

7trz8RB.jpg

Good morning DIT. What appears in the forefront of the photo I’m guessing is a mulch of sorts. What impresses me is the pristine beauty of the pictured home front. The flowering shrub, gentle amongst the green. The grass, in various stages of green growth, kissing the field stone border. The magnificent sunshine that fills the scene with promise. In total; looking at the bare trees complimenting the pastoral spring scene, I’m filled with hope. Thank you for the photo. As always…..

  • Weenie 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, rclab said:

Good morning DIT. What appears in the forefront of the photo I’m guessing is a mulch of sorts. What impresses me is the pristine beauty of the pictured home front. The flowering shrub, gentle amongst the green. The grass, in various stages of green growth, kissing the field stone border. The magnificent sunshine that fills the scene with promise. In total; looking at the bare trees complimenting the pastoral spring scene, I’m filled with hope. Thank you for the photo. As always…..

That is a fantastic and beautiful capture of just what you are looking at there in that pristine setting . As always….

  • Weenie 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, jbenedet said:

Sunday looks the worst down to Joisey and LI.

Big sell on 40's here with surface HP overhead. 

Looks like a lot of moisture trapped in the 925-800 layer....not sure how much sun we get. Better chance up by you, but lots of onshore flow in SNE too...so not optimistic about a nice day here.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, rclab said:

Good morning DIT. What appears in the forefront of the photo I’m guessing is a mulch of sorts. What impresses me is the pristine beauty of the pictured home front. The flowering shrub, gentle amongst the green. The grass, in various stages of green growth, kissing the field stone border. The magnificent sunshine that fills the scene with promise. In total; looking at the bare trees complimenting the pastoral spring scene, I’m filled with hope. Thank you for the photo. As always…..

Hope springs eternal from the eternally optimistic I guess, but the artistry of that scene for me would be interminably improved if not for that clump of shit looking black mass of ugliness that lines the pathway

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ORH_wxman said:

Looks like a lot of moisture trapped in the 925-800 layer....not sure how much sun we get. Better chance up by you, but lots of onshore flow in SNE too...so not optimistic about a nice day here.

It'll be interesting to test that...  I mean the "gloom" is not showing up too well in the FOUS/NAM grid. There may be a sneaky layer in between the sigma levels given, but the ones given are < 50% RH after 12z...  which are 900, 700 and 500 mbs.   Thing is, ...we are only 3 weeks from entry into solar max time of year, ...*IF* the moisture layer is that thin, the sun's likely to punch through that ... It'd be that satellite looping where it melts away from west to east toward the coast ... circa 20 ..21 z.  

Also,.. the onshore flow is very light after 12z too.  The momentum/pulsed arrival appears to be Saturday night through dawn. After that, it's 3 kts mid boundary layer flow over Logan ...  Granted we are talking the NAM here, but that would imply more variable in the region.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, ORH_wxman said:

Looks like a lot of moisture trapped in the 925-800 layer....not sure how much sun we get. Better chance up by you, but lots of onshore flow in SNE too...so not optimistic about a nice day here.

I only see upside when GFS is outputting upper 40’s with 850 temps >0C. Biggest error bars on modeling is that of clouds. My bet is that output is wrong. South of I84 will be tough though. Best in Maine, worst south of 84.

9F58F5D7-E206-46A6-B598-A08ABD97BFDF.png

FA02474F-C062-4BC8-8977-B4470DC15B40.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Forsythia just started blooming here

We 'started blooming' those about 10 days ago but they were in no hurry. Took about a week to get to the full splendor.  Lilacs opened up and have infantile leaves with embryonic flower pods, and the brambled hodgepodge of neglected shrubbery across the road are all green with small leaflets too. 

The bigger trees ... only the sugar maples and reds are flowering. But the other maple and oaks think a nuclear holocaust must have happened. 

just sayn' this for reference as I'm like ... 70 mi due S as the crow dumps on windshield from your location here along Rt 2 in N Ma

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

We 'started blooming' those about 10 days ago but they were in no hurry. Took about a week to get to the full splendor.  Lilacs opened up and have infantile leaves with embryonic flower pods, and the brambled hodgepodge of neglected shrubbery across the road are all green with small leaflets too. 

The bigger trees ... only the sugar maples and reds are flowering. But the other maple and oaks think a nuclear holocaust must have happened. 

just sayn' this for reference as I'm like ... 70 mi due S as the crow dumps on windshield from your location here along Rt 2 in N Ma

Red maples blossomed a week ago here and the petals are falling.  Sugar maple buds have barely begun to swell and probably won't flower until mid May.  Might your "sugar maples" be Norways?  Leaves are nearly indentical and Norway maple is as early as red maple.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...