Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
April Pattern/obs thread.

weathafella

3 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Loop the euro. After rains it’s self destructive ULL. Nobody said 40 and drizzle but I think it sucks.

Well it’s not ideal, but it’s far better than what was being tossed around on here with rains and cold for a week. Now it’s like a few showers Tuesday night. Ryan has sun Wed- onward 

It's trending better...

The lows surface and aloft are trending more progressive, such that it's grip on the region is less. 

The impetus of that is that the 'trend' may not be finished. I'm also noticing a trend to be higher in latitude, too. That Euro is two days tops...more like standard month of Anus

1 minute ago, Typhoon Tip said:

It's trending better...

The lows surface and aloft are trending more progressive, such that it's grip on the region is less. 

The impetus of that is that the 'trend' may not be finished. I'm also noticing a trend to be higher in latitude, too. That Euro is two days tops...more like standard month of Anus

Glad we didn’t buy the week + of rains and cold. We mentioned this the other day. EPS with another long range fail 

Mentioned this yesterday ... yup. The models tend to speed up/add progression to the flow moving late mid range toward nearer terms.  Seeing a glum cut-off on D8 is almost dependably going to fail, the same way a big bomb in the winter rarely ever succeeds.  

It's almost like you have to hint a solution more so to see it happen, then your in trouble.

That said, I the week looks coolish and possible transitioning quickly, either way. Possibly problems with the next system coming thru the Lakes closing the gap.  

The GEFs are elevating the NAO and slumping the PNA into the first week of May, fwiw

3 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

But in the valley it will be warmer. You’re screwed at 1K.

The point is though. The week looks very manageable , mainly dry other than showers one night into morning.. and sunny end of week. Cooler than normal sure.. but not the misery folks on here were whining about as recently as yesterday. Wheel o rrhea cancel .. again 

6 hours ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Hope springs eternal from the eternally optimistic I guess, but the artistry of that scene for me would be interminably improved if not for that clump of shit looking black mass of ugliness that lines the pathway

Good evening Tip. With a nod to M W Hungerford; “Beauty Is In The Eye Of The Beholder”. Stay well, as always …..

11 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

The point is though. The week looks very manageable , mainly dry other than showers one night into morning.. and sunny end of week. Cooler than normal sure.. but not the misery folks on here were whining about as recently as yesterday. Wheel o rrhea cancel .. again 

It is kind of a wheel o Rhea. It’s still early and it could change for the worse too.