Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
spring banter

forkyfork

On 3/30/2022 at 7:09 AM, Rjay said:

A small segment of every majority white country are neo nazis.  This isn't specific to Ukraine. 

Neo Nazis have been in Ukraine for decades and I am not sure what any of you guys consider a small or large segment ? That said the Bio labs that the U S built and operate out of in the Ukraine are very real and I can say that if we were in Russias shoes that we would not want these in our backyard in Cuba or Mexico either that said IMO much more to all of this than what we see and hear on the news

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Weenie 1

1 minute ago, Brasiluvsnow said:

Neo Nazis have been in Ukraine for decades and I am not sure what any of you guys consider a small or large segment ? That said the Bio labs that the U S built and operate out of in the Ukraine are very real and I can say that if we were in Russias shoes that we would not want these in our backyard in Cuba or Mexico either that said IMO much more to all of this than what we see and hear on the news

Oh ffs. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Rjay said:

Oh ffs. 

maybe Rjay maybe not but are you or anyone else aware that 3 weeks ago Russia called for a meeting of the security council at the United Nations and it took place ? Most people are unaware that this took place but it did,,,,,should have been headline news but it was not,,,,,should have gotten coverage but did not,,,,,yet it took place and 5 countries thought that the Labs should be investigated ( thats something like 3 billion people ) who thought it was worth looking into yet zero coverage on the news ,,,,why ? 

Just now, Brasiluvsnow said:

maybe Rjay maybe not but are you or anyone else aware that 3 weeks ago Russia called for a meeting of the security council at the United Nations and it took place ? Most people are unaware that this took place but it did,,,,,should have been headline news but it was not,,,,,should have gotten coverage but did not,,,,,yet it took place and 5 countries thought that the Labs should be investigated ( thats something like 3 billion people ) who thought it was worth looking into yet zero coverage on the news ,,,,why ? 

Yeah.   Poor Russia.   

Let's get back to the normal banter and you can chime in on this in OT.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rjay said:

Yeah.   Poor Russia.   

Let's get back to the normal banter and you can chime in on this in OT.  

I did not say poor anyone,,,,,,I was just making anyone who did not know aware of what happened,,,,,is there another existing thread where people are discussing let me know, if not back to weather

1 minute ago, Brasiluvsnow said:

I did not say poor anyone,,,,,,I was just making anyone who did not know aware of what happened,,,,,is there another existing thread where people are discussing let me know, if not back to weather

I'll help you.  

3 hours ago, Brasiluvsnow said:

It was covered. This reality may not have reached a sufficiently broad audience:

https://news.un.org/en/story/2022/03/1114272

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, donsutherland1 said:

It was covered. This reality may not have reached a sufficiently broad audience:

https://news.un.org/en/story/2022/03/1114272

Don, I am pretty sure that we would also be told by that same outlet that Wuhan or any other lab for that matter would not be working on biological weapons as well,,,,,,as I said earlier news outlets did not cover this story at all on March 11th --- I watched it in live time. Back to weather as we were asked

• Confused 1
  • Weenie 2

6 hours ago, Will - Rutgers said:

lol jesus christ

:twister::weenie::arrowhead::hurrbear:

Good morning, Will. It’s been a rough banter week. I retreat to my default. “Someday I’ll wish upon a star and wake up where the clouds are far behind me. Where troubles melt like lemon drops away above the chimney tops, that’s where you’ll find me”. Trouble is I still adore Margret Hamilton. Stay well, as always …..

• Like 1

We should talk some actual science here.  I'm very excited to see how this and the new (actually very old and now dead) star Earendel will be modeled on space sims like Space Engine.

https://twitter.com/i/events/1511317799284711429

Scientists have discovered a gigantic exoplanet that's still 'in the womb'
Researchers have observed an enormous planet — called AB Aur b — that's about nine times the mass of Jupiter, and is at a remarkably early stage of formation.

It's providing new insight into our understanding of the universe, and the "complex and messy" nature of planet formation.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WHL0137-LS

WHL0137-LS, also known as Earendel, is a star in the constellation of Cetus. Discovered in 2022 by the Hubble Space Telescope, it is the most distant known star, at a comoving distance of 28 billion light-years.[2][3] The previous farthest known star, at a comoving distant of 14.4 billion light-years, was discovered in 2018, also by Hubble.[3]

Now ask how we can see a star that is 28 billion light years away when the universe is supposedly half that age lol.  The key is the word "comoving distance"  meaning the star was likely less than half that distance away when the light left there and space has expanded that much in the time it took for that light to get here.  And that star likely went supernova and died out billions of years ago (which we might detect in the distant future-- if we are still around lol.)

Road trip to Bismark, ND

-

...BLIZZARD WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 7 AM CDT /6 AM MDT/
TUESDAY TO 7 PM CDT /6 PM MDT/ THURSDAY...

* WHAT...Heavy snow and blizzard conditions expected. Total snow
  accumulations between 12 and 24 inches, with locally higher
  amounts up to 30 inches possible. Winds gusting as high as 50 mph.

* WHERE...Southwest and portions of central North Dakota.
  • Like 3

16 hours ago, Brian5671 said:

Road trip to Bismark, ND

-

...BLIZZARD WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 7 AM CDT /6 AM MDT/
TUESDAY TO 7 PM CDT /6 PM MDT/ THURSDAY...

* WHAT...Heavy snow and blizzard conditions expected. Total snow
  accumulations between 12 and 24 inches, with locally higher
  amounts up to 30 inches possible. Winds gusting as high as 50 mph.

* WHERE...Southwest and portions of central North Dakota.

To Minot!

2 hours ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

That’s epic! With all the open land the drifting will be incredible, 20’ house covering type stuff.

It actually looks like Bismarck might get more snow than Minot, the snow hasn't even reached Minot yet.  South trend?

This is a true old style blizzard...the kind you see in black and white pics.  Snow drifting up past the first floor of houses.

• Rjay unpinned this topic