• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Jdhuffmanhws
    Newest Member
    Jdhuffmanhws
Upstate/Eastern New York-Springtime?

1 hour ago, Blue Moon said:

Anything more than 2" in OSW will surprise me. I wouldn't be surprised if I got mostly graupel.

Sizzling here near Cuse. 47 degrees.  Expecting some rain and then brief ground whitenings tonight and tomorrow. Should get that 1/2" to climb over last season's total.

6 hours ago, rochesterdave said:

I finally drove down that way. Headed down 219 on my way to Ellicotville. And then headed East out of EV on my way home. Crazy terrain! And super convenient to Buffalo. I’m surprised it’s not more developed. Is it crazy expensive? 
Beautiful land marred by horrible trailer trash attitudes. Junk abounds outside of most of the residences. All Trump voters who look down on urban blight. Lol. 

It's not expensive in Cattaraugus County. I assume it's because of the terrain that it's not more developed, and even driving around there in summer can be hair raising, I'm not nearly brave enough to try there in winter. I'm excited for my yearly summer trip through Amish country in Chautauqua... Cherry Creek to Clymer. Beautiful area and a way of living I admire.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Leelee said:

It's not expensive in Cattaraugus County. I assume it's because of the terrain that it's not more developed, and even driving around there in summer can be hair raising, I'm not nearly brave enough to try there in winter. I'm excited for my yearly summer trip through Amish country in Chautauqua... Cherry Creek to Clymer. Beautiful area and a way of living I admire.

I saw a lot of Amish driving in their buggies. Apparently LED lights are permissible. 
You gotta get some snow tires bro

41 minutes ago, rochesterdave said:

I saw a lot of Amish driving in their buggies. Apparently LED lights are permissible. 
You gotta get some snow tires bro

I guess their buggies aren't street legal if they don't have lights or reflective tape.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, CNY_WX said:

It looks like winter again. I have 1 3/4 inch of snow on my car this morning, less on my driveway. This should be gone by later today. 

About same here. 1.5" snow with 0.18" liquid. One last weekend to lounge about and not do spring cleanup outside.  And...ive surpassed last year's Snowfall total, barely. Up to 79.1".  Would be nice to get to an even 80".  Maybe tonight.  ;)

Overall winter grade remains a D. Same as last season...

• Like 1