• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
March 2022 Obs/Disc: In Like a Lamb, Out Like a Butterfly

40/70 Benchmark

Using the un-official home sites, c/o Wunder ... this is where the BD appears to be right now...  Perhaps masked a bit by clouds and morning showers, belaying the temp rise somewhat S-W of the front, but it's close to this

image.png.93aa6b511b04b5d266cf862eddc32e34.png

Otherwise ...we'd probably squeeze back into the 60s today, and with more DP it'd feel quite a bit different than that destiny N-E of that nasty boundary.  The models busted here...  It's interesting that the NAM had pulled back on this front in the last 2 or 3 cycles of runs. It kept the wind at Logan S and that did not happen from 06z thru now - not even close.  

7 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

YES SIR. No nice weather, and no winter storm chances either ….winter 21-22 ending consistent with the whole season.

Dogshit….that is SNE spring most years. 

I'm really saddened that I did not get my resource shit together younger in life ...and/or wasn't born into a trust fund. 

This is precisely the garbage that Will and I were commiserating over last month, where it's time to book the flight and flee in haste to the 2nd home or villa ...some other place where the skies are painted with tipped cumulus, over short sleeve golf weather. Not to return until mid May, or such time as it is exceptionally high confidence that the weather breaks.

Stealing from Samuel Clemens, ' The coldest winter I ever experienced was a spring in Southern New England '   He was talking about the Bay Area, but the sentiment veraciously applies here, too

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

So much for that nice ensemble look from a few days back…a pathetic season for sure. 

It actually looks cold. Definitely could support a snow threat in the final week. But absent a snow threat it’s useless cold. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

It actually looks cold. Definitely could support a snow threat in the final week. But absent a snow threat it’s useless cold. 

3 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I know it. If I’m -7 at 850, would be nice to take advantage of it.

Absolutely, on both posts.  If there’s no threat it’s just useless garbage. I’ll take 60 and sunny please. Dont need 35 degrees anymore this year, unless we’re gonna put it to good use. 

• Weenie 1

13 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Yesterday was spectacular.  I actually had to remove my jacket for a late night walk last night.   Finally getting my left eye cataract done Monday so being less active for a few days I won’t care about shitty wx.

61 and eating snow yesterday, upper 30s with dz today.
Hope your cataract surgery goes great.  Had both eyes done - 2 months apart - in 2018, and my distance vision improved to 20/20.  Eschewed the near-vision laser option, as I've been using reading glasses since the early 1990s.  Also because, unlike the fully-covered basic operations, I'd have had $2.5k per eye out of pocket.

14 minutes ago, tamarack said:

61 and eating snow yesterday, upper 30s with dz today.
Hope your cataract surgery goes great.  Had both eyes done - 2 months apart - in 2018, and my distance vision improved to 20/20.  Eschewed the near-vision laser option, as I've been using reading glasses since the early 1990s.  Also because, unlike the fully-covered basic operations, I'd have had $2.5k per eye out of pocket.

Thank you!   You made the right choice btw.   I was supposed to do this last September but was too busy.  Then in December but had a health scare and had to postpone so I’m happy to put it behind me.  Right eye was done last July.

Did you see where Ralph Terry died?  He slipped on the ice and had a brain bleed.

5 minutes ago, dendrite said:

I’ll take 45° and sun this time of year. :ph34r:

The clouds and precip are the big killers in spring. If it’s sunny, you can usually get away with a nice day unless it’s one of those strong CAA airmasses with lots of wind…then it sucks. 

6 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Thank you!   You made the right choice btw.   I was supposed to do this last September but was too busy.  Then in December but had a health scare and had to postpone so I’m happy to put it behind me.  Right eye was done last July.

Did you see where Ralph Terry died?  He slipped on the ice and had a brain bleed.

Had read that he had passed but none of the details.  Went from throwing the Maz gopher ball to the 1-0 shutout of the Giants 2 years later.  Another Yankee steal from their KC "farm team".

2 hours ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Depends where one is in this murk today.  I realize you got a thread going but we ain't gettin shit NE of HFD in this ... and it's not clear this BD won't make it that far, either.  Might be safe..not sure.  It's 57 there, with modest DP support and S wind... But it's 45 in ORH with NE satan's rhea...

This is busting SW as BD's typically do for us up here - as far as I can tell at this hour.   I guess we'll see how far it gets.  

I suppose 'elevate' activity could orange lightning here and there... sure. 

Yeah any activity will certainly be elevated given the inversion. We do get a good surge of elevated instability this evening 

7 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

What a miserable ski weekend, ha.  Mid/upper 30s at the mtn with SE flow packing in the low clouds and mist.  It looks like it should a full month from now.

This is the absolute worst weather conditions this time of year.  Raw, cold, damp but not cold enough to snow.

Shut em’ down

18 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

What a miserable ski weekend, ha.  Mid/upper 30s at the mtn with SE flow packing in the low clouds and mist.  It looks like it should a full month from now.

This is the absolute worst weather conditions this time of year.  Raw, cold, damp but not cold enough to snow.

Well well well well...   PF finally gets to feel our low elevation, east of the Berks April pain

lol

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, A Moonlit Sky said:

Is dogshit "it won't snow", "it won't be warm", or "it won't be sunny"?

It means the worst of all worlds. No snow(which is useless to me now anyway)very few days nice enough to really enjoy outside. Gray, overcast, drizzly at times, damp cold. 

22 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Torch !

image.thumb.png.90a48bdaeb37383f903cbc6b4e4f4145.png

despite your narrative on the day's proceedings...  the boundary has not appreciably retreated back N as a warm front - sorry if reality and empirical data doesn't fit.  Don't blame the messenger.  

I mean ..there might be some mixing along that leading edge there on the right panel ...but that is not attributed to warm fronting. The winds have to go essentially calm where you see the wind is not calm and blowing from the NE with those wind flags -

Can't help you.  

This probably does break down as the main front tied into the baroclinic axis is moving through... You'll get a 10 minute T spike then a west wind or something.   If we wanna argue the BD front won't make it to CT, I never said it would.  I said it isn't clear whether it will or won't.