• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Winter storm for the 25th of February is imminent.

Typhoon Tip

1 hour ago, SnowGoose69 said:

When you consider the RGEM tends to be somewhat amped with low tracks at times past 30-36 and its still south of the NAM its highly likely the NAM is too far north.  I cannot see BOS really seeing any sustained period of sleet with this and BDL honestly may not either 

Yeah it’s looking more anymore like sleet stays south of HFD. Nam may have lost barring a 24 hour bump north 

• Like 1

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

I have been burned too many times tossing the NAM. The one time I don’t, I get burned. Go figure 

Well using beyond say 24-36hrs is always risky business and we are just starting to get in that range, add to the fact a lot of the other mesos and hi res stuff is much colder and more in-line with the GFS/EC/GEM.

It'll come around tonight and i surely would not be surprised to see it being on the other end of the spectrum with a run or two dumping 1ft+ in CT.

1 minute ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

It’s all good but let’s not completely toss it just yet. 0z and tomorrow runs could bring the warm tongue up and in some. 

Yeah, that's something we're waiting to see but i think for now we're gonna hold off on any changes. I like our 4-8" statewide right now, might end up splitting it up and going a touch higher in N CT.

5 minutes ago, Go Kart Mozart said:

That is 15z, but the prior two periods are virtually identical...we ride the line from here to 700.  GFS verbatim would be a win for you.  Nice saturation from here to heaven.

My fault. Saw 18z but that’s the run. I dunno, it looks very close there. Admittedly I’m a soundings amateur but that could be wet flakes instead?

Last year my parking lot jacked in one of the storms we got. Somebody here told me that is unusual, and that my town usually gets "screwed more ways than a hoe in the red light district".

Is that actually true? If it is an unfavorable spot, why?

In the two years here I have generally found that we do fairly well in each storm, usually getting a little more snow than Hartford. Albeit, 2 years is a small sample size. 

2 minutes ago, IowaStorm05 said:

Last year my parking lot jacked in one of the storms we got. Somebody here told me that is unusual, and that my town usually gets "screwed more ways than a hoe in the red light district".

Is that actually true? If it is an unfavorable spot, why?

In the two years here I have generally found that we do fairly well in each storm, usually getting a little more snow than Hartford. Albeit, 2 years is a small sample size. 

Hey. The women at the red light district provide a great service and should be applauded.

• Haha 1
  • Weenie 2

• Typhoon Tip changed the title to Winter storm for the 25th of February is imminent.
  • dendrite unpinned this topic