• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter storm for the 25th of February is imminent.

Typhoon Tip

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Lot of confluence up north....difficult to trend it hard north when you have a 1040 high sitting over Ottawa the night before. It's not like one of those SWFE's where the high is trying to hold on in Nova Scotia as the storm gets going.

Yeah never thought nam into SNe practically, but figured a tick here or there north. Not in opposite direction lol. 

Still some time left, but if there is a tick north left, at least we have some wiggle room. 

Just now, bobbutts said:

About what time does the snow end in the Pioneer Valley area?

Anything meaningful should be done by mid to late afternoon Friday there....might be some lingering light snows into evening but the meat of the event is over after 18z.

• Like 1

Just now, CoastalWx said:

Yeah never thought nam into SNe practically, but figured a tick here or there north. Not in opposite direction lol. 

Still some time left, but if there is a tick north left, at least we have some wiggle room. 

Yes....I expect a little nudge back north too.....I'd be surprised if the storm verified as cold as the 12z Euro....but it's good to see a south tick to give some wiggle room for when that north nudge happens.

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

I’d argue you would probably be jack on euro or close to it.

There's also a nice ~600mb sig that is up into upstate NY over to central/northern VT and into Phin/Alex land....I bet there will be a band up there too that isn't really visible on the QPF maps.

There's also a nice ~600mb sig that is up into upstate NY over to central/northern VT and into Phin/Alex land....I bet there will be a band up there too that isn't really visible on the QPF maps.

I think it is there in the QPF maps.... just not as pronounced.  If it's fluffing definitely signs of a rotting band from like 'Dacks through MPV over to LEW.  But I bet the band might be even a bit north to BTV-MVL-BML.

ecmwf-deterministic-neng-precip_12hr_inch-5851600.thumb.png.d513777221605c8b7f777bc74100d835.png

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah I haven’t looked hard  up there, but that’s definitely the case I think.

I expect to see pics of the Stowe Gondola shrouded in dendrites.

I haven't had a chance to look at much the past few days, but that hang back 6hr QPF on the northern edge is usually a good indicator of the mid level goodies and that's been there for a couple of days.

13 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Lot of confluence up north....difficult to trend it hard north when you have a 1040 high sitting over Ottawa the night before. It's not like one of those SWFE's where the high is trying to hold on in Nova Scotia as the storm gets going.

Right - been a mantra of mine over some odd 20 pages in this thread: There's a limit in how far N this thing could trend in the runs. 

Those N solution - NAM a separate matter ...hold on for a minute - were really pressed against the proverbial wall and could only come S. That was proven true when every next cycle subsequent of a N solution, halted or went the other direction.   I guess some 'wiper blade' aspect but ... you know - the whole needle threading track oscillation noise. 

The way around that N limitation would have/need to be a change in the (bold abv) scaffolding. But that's not happened yet, nor is there very much room in the hemispheric mode anchoring to assume any trend gets under way.  If anything, this may come S even more - but cross the bridge. 

The NAM?  That idiot was just handling the total synoptic manifold differently, including that larger mechanical exertion - enough to allow it's solution.  But like you said all morning, it's the only run really doing that and beside... Man, the NAM has a W-N bias at time ranges beyond 48 hours.   It's funny - it's almost like it's gotta bias NW so bad that it re-engineers the circulation mode to get to it's obsession LOL

2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

But to Wills point, there is a lot of confluence up there. Probably a bit more than what we are used to in the classic SWFE ‘s. So that should get some respect.

Primary has trended a bit weaker as well so that aids in the further south tracks too, Its about 4-5mb less then when you had it getting further north.

• Typhoon Tip changed the title to Winter storm for the 25th of February is imminent.
  • dendrite unpinned this topic