Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 2-4th Snowstorm- Observation Thread

1 minute ago, tombo82685 said:

but the kuchera maps

Jeez guys. We freaking know the Kuchera maps are bullshit. We’ve said it all along and posted in good fun. 

We also get that you don’t think the storm will overperform or meet expectations and that your snowflakes are shit. 

Congrats?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Storm already exceeding expectations here.

IMG_3869.thumb.jpg.451ef92dc4d3507c340f3e350fe1a820.jpg

IMG_3870(1).thumb.jpg.d7dca35982d86531b3ae218065dcd64f.jpg

BW I was just snow blowing the driveway and the thought occurred to me that this past 5 weeks have been truly epic in most of WNY. We will again be close to 20” otg after this event and I can’t remember the last time, probably ‘14-‘15 when there the snowpack was this deep area wide. Truly amazing!!! Taking the kids to ellicotville this weekend.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 96blizz said:

Jeez guys. We freaking know the Kuchera maps are bullshit. We’ve said it all along and posted in good fun. 

We also get that you don’t think the storm will overperform or meet expectations and that your snowflakes are shit. 

Congrats?

Who said it wouldn't meet expectations? I was generally thinking 6-12 from this and that looks legit. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Thinksnow18 said:

BW I was just snow blowing the driveway and the thought occurred to me that this past 5 weeks have been truly epic in most of WNY. We will again be close to 20” otg after this event and I can’t remember the last time, probably ‘14-‘15 when there the snowpack was this deep area wide. Truly amazing!!! Taking the kids to ellicotville this weekend.

Going cross country skiing in Alleghany on Sunday and hopefully holiday valley Mon/Tues night. Did you see the intense milk deal? Its 2 passes for $42 for Mon/Tues from 330-10.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, winter_rules said:

Well I’m impressed with the models.  For days now, most models showed a brutal cutoff right along the I-88 corridor and that seems to be verifying.  It has been in the 30s all day and is currently 32° and raining.  Just brutal to have lost a lot of the snowpack today AND not have much hope of even getting back to where we started by the end of the storm.

I hope everyone N and W of me is enjoying it!  

Yup...31.5° and steady rain here. No ice accretion yet. Fook this storm. Had a feeling the high-res mesos were on to something (though even some of the Hrrr and wrf runs were bullish on snow down here). Should have ignored the lower res operationals (save maybe the CMC) showing mainly snow to the state line.

• Sad 1

Just now, 96blizz said:

Felt like a pretty overt dig. If I’m wrong, I apologize. 

It's tough tell on here if people legitimately took the kuchera was going to happen or not. Thats all I saw being posted really, so felt like that was expectations.  Maybe I misread it. I said it a day or two ago this looked like a nice 6-12 event IMO and that was my expecation. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BGM Blizzard said:

Yup...31.5° and steady rain here. No ice accretion yet. Fook this storm. Had a feeling the high-res mesos were on to something. Should have ignored the lower res operationals showing mainly snow to the state line.

its the same thing with the cutoff storm, when you get mixing events, don't use the globals. the mesos will seek out those warm layers way better. I thought the cold press would get your back yard more in line, but looks to be just north of you 

2 minutes ago, tombo82685 said:

It's tough tell on here if people legitimately took the kuchera was going to happen or not. Thats all I saw being posted really, so felt like that was expectations.  Maybe I misread it. I said it a day or two ago this looked like a nice 6-12 event IMO and that was my expecation. 

I thought I was pretty open about how I knew they were off and I do it for fun and the “present value of happiness” but maybe I will just avoid posting them going forward to save any misinterpretation by anyone. 

7 minutes ago, tombo82685 said:

its the same thing with the cutoff storm, when you get mixing events, don't use the globals. the mesos will seek out those warm layers way better. I thought the cold press would get your back yard more in line, but looks to be just north of you 

Rgem and Nam ftw (down here atleast)