Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 1-3rd GHD III Part 2

Chicago Storm

4 minutes ago, snowstormcanuck said:

That'd be something...rain with the overrunning and a whiff with the main storm.  If this were 10 years ago I'd need a straightjacket and IV of valium.

But somehow, Toronto still makes out quite well with the storm on the 00z RGEM.

Yet, Cleveland gets a massive sleet fest. 

The models are luckily keeping my expectations down. Could be a big storm or could be a run of the mill light rain to 3-5” event that happens every other November 

This is definitely what keeps EC from issuing watches so early haha. The moment they issued the watches and special weather statement my group chats started talking about it. 

Just now, mississaugasnow said:

The models are luckily keeping my expectations down. Could be a big storm or could be a run of the mill light rain to 3-5” event that happens every other November 

With the NAM and RGEM doing what they did, setting aside the drier inter-wave period with the NAM, would have figured the GFS would have ticked north a bit.  Nope...opposite, total whiff.  That's modelology for ya.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, snowstormcanuck said:

With the NAM and RGEM doing what they did, setting aside the drier inter-wave period with the NAM, would have figured the GFS would have ticked north a bit.  Nope...opposite, total whiff.  That's modelology for ya.

Certainly not one to nit pick often but I’ve never found multi day snow events that interesting. Which is confusing since I love retaining snow pack haha. There’s something about that 12-15 hour storm that puts down 6-8” instead of 10” in 24-30 

4 minutes ago, snowstormcanuck said:

There is a big difference with how they handle the Vort around the 4 corners area. 

Definitely looking like a one wave show for me now but 1st wave looks like it could really deliver big. Hopefully the banding will setup over me. Some models have it really close. Most models barely skirt my area now with 2nd wave. A bit disappointing because I was excited for 2 huge waves of heavy snow but I will take what I can get. Hoping I can still break double digits. It will be close. Some sharp gradients near me. Sharp cutoffs nw and sharp increases se. Movements in track either way will drastically change my outcome. Forever riding the line here. Someday I will be in the jackpot zone again. Ha

• Rjay locked this topic