Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 28-30th Possible Nor'easter

Rjay

Just now, Snowshack said:

Agree, it’s got to happen first.  But i think it’s fair to make longevity of the snow part of the conversation.  Would be nice if the snow sticks around for more time than we spent tracking the storm! 

Yeah, I totally get it. I guess I just always realized that this was a pattern change event. So the warmup following was expected in my view. 

4 minutes ago, EasternLI said:

Yeah, I totally get it. I guess I just always realized that this was a pattern change event. So the warmup following was expected in my view. 

You’ve done a great job with the pattern discussions this year!  Hopefully we get another run toward the end of winter. This storm will go a long way to offset some of the December frustration.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

Wow at the Euro. Continues to tick slightly better evolution aloft. Looks very close to the Nam last night (not the probably overdone 6z). That would suggest 18” amounts are possible even in Nassau County and 12” to Manhattan. 

I'll turn you into a NAM believer yet.  It does the best when it counts the most, it's the definition of a clutch hitter.

• Like 1

Just now, lee59 said:

I think the thing that will set this storm apart will be the temperatures. It will be in the teens and low 20s which will make that snow blow all over. If ever we needed a blizzard warning, I think this is the one.

I think for at least Nassau and Suffolk they’ll be up soon or at least Upton’s next update. And amounts probably going up! :snowman: 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LibertyBell said:

I get those confused lol, I knew it was either 6 or 12 haha.  Jan 2016 might have been 12 and Feb 2017 might have been 6.  Jan 2018 I dont remember at all.  Which was the one where there was a white out all day and you couldn't see anything outside and Boston set their surge record?

That was Jan 2018 im pretty sure

• Like 1