• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 28-30th Possible Nor'easter

Rjay

That is a superstorm and would have extreme impacts. I guess verbatim it would be 70-90 mph northerly winds across Long Island Sound across Long Island and snowfall amounts might not really matter that much as 15" or 30" would drift like crazy. NYC likely to verify the earlier 18-24" idea with some parts of the metro exposed to stronger outflow winds, otherwise at least 50-60 mph. Most of CT would likely see 30" of snow from this sort of track. I think it actually stays a bit east of RI and crosses the cape, but anyway, it means nothing until either the rest of models follow suit or it happens anyway. Don't forget it is not a guarantee just a strong suggestion. I was always expecting this sort of end game though.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Blizzard-on-GFS said:

46” over my house… I’ll never see a more beautiful model run in my life 

51E35C29-A98F-452E-AE16-C7F7CDD8842C.jpeg

Beautiful and yet so dangerous for those who ingnore this potential extreme weather event..the northeastern coast would be cutoff from most of the country for a couple of days if these totals verified.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Intensewind002 said:

Out here on LI it was like 11 hours straight lol

The only other ones that even came close to that was February 2017 with 7 hours and January 2018 with 8 hours

I get those confused lol, I knew it was either 6 or 12 haha.  Jan 2016 might have been 12 and Feb 2017 might have been 6.  Jan 2018 I dont remember at all.  Which was the one where there was a white out all day and you couldn't see anything outside and Boston set their surge record?

• Like 1