Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 28-30th Possible Nor'easter

Rjay

1 minute ago, Blizzardo said:

Cant read it.. my close up vision is gone...lol

Looks good, similar to what it seemed to have at 18z. 1" liquid starting around NYC maybe, no huge death band shown though unlike the NAM/Euro it seems. Similar to RGEM which shows a larger 12" or so area rather than the death band 30" stuff.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

Looks good, similar to what it seemed to have at 18z. 1" liquid starting around NYC maybe, no huge death band shown though unlike the NAM/Euro it seems. Similar to RGEM which shows a larger 12" or so area rather than the death band 30" stuff.

Yep looks pretty much the same totals are a little better, but I feel like with a 970 low and plenty of cold air the output in real time will be higher, time will tell!

4 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

There will be a death band.. now from my experience in these theres only 2 spots they set up... over NE jersey or over LI somewhere... but where that happens... oh boy! 

• Haha 1

Just now, Blizzardo said:

There will be a death band.. now from my experience in these theres only 2 spots they set up... over NE jersey or over LI somewhere... but where that happens... oh boy! 

Or over Sayreville, NJ like for Boxing Day 2010 lol. I'd still say the best chance for it is central/eastern Suffolk County but there'll be plenty of heavy snow west of it. 

3 minutes ago, Jt17 said:

Yep looks pretty much the same totals are a little better, but I feel like with a 970 low and plenty of cold air the output in real time will be higher, time will tell!

I'm not sure how much the strength of the storm has to do with our snowfall amounts, it seems the stronger the storm the more banding there is, but our heaviest longest duration snowfalls seem to be from weaker storms that throw moisture over arctic air.

8 minutes ago, LibertyBell said:

By tucked in I thought you meant they were hitting the Jersey shore lol

Yeah it's all relative. No model runs have been tucked. Even the furthest NW ens member isn't really tucked (well maybe one or two EPS members over the past several runs). This is an offshore low. Fortunately the mid level lows get going early enough and the trof takes on a significant enough tilt to wrap moisture and lift mechanisms pretty far west of the SLP.

That's a good thing for most of the coastal plane since it keeps everyone snow. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, eduggs said:

Yeah it's all relative. No model runs have been tucked. Even the furthest NW ens member isn't really tucked (well maybe one or two EPS members over the past several runs). This is an offshore low. Fortunately the mid level lows get going early enough and the trof takes on a significant enough tilt to wrap moisture and lift mechanisms pretty far west of the SLP.

That's a good thing for most of the coastal plane since it keeps everyone snow. 

"Tucked" is such an ambiguous term.  Tucked into the Jersey shore vs tucked in south of Montauk creates 2 total different outcomes in a storm (as you're well aware of).  The Euro and some of the eps members were tucked south of LI a few times.