Jump to content
  • Member Statistics

    19,038
    Total Members
    49,013
    Most Online
    loganboehmewx
    Newest Member
    loganboehmewx
    Joined

January 28-30th Possible Nor'easter


Rjay
 Share

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, EasternLI said:

Yeah, I totally get it. I guess I just always realized that this was a pattern change event. So the warmup following was expected in my view. 

OT but a weenie pattern develops again in the mid to long range on the gfs lol

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, EasternLI said:

Yeah, I totally get it. I guess I just always realized that this was a pattern change event. So the warmup following was expected in my view. 

You’ve done a great job with the pattern discussions this year!  Hopefully we get another run toward the end of winter. This storm will go a long way to offset some of the December frustration.  

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

Euro MJO gets stuck in the COD in phase 3 which would be good. Weeklies look good.

Snowman19 will be on vacation out of the country for the foreseeable future.

 

  • Haha 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

Wow at the Euro. Continues to tick slightly better evolution aloft. Looks very close to the Nam last night (not the probably overdone 6z). That would suggest 18” amounts are possible even in Nassau County and 12” to Manhattan. 

I'll turn you into a NAM believer yet.  It does the best when it counts the most, it's the definition of a clutch hitter.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, lee59 said:

I think the thing that will set this storm apart will be the temperatures. It will be in the teens and low 20s which will make that snow blow all over. If ever we needed a blizzard warning, I think this is the one.

I think for at least Nassau and Suffolk they’ll be up soon or at least Upton’s next update. And amounts probably going up! :snowman: 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, LibertyBell said:

I get those confused lol, I knew it was either 6 or 12 haha.  Jan 2016 might have been 12 and Feb 2017 might have been 6.  Jan 2018 I dont remember at all.  Which was the one where there was a white out all day and you couldn't see anything outside and Boston set their surge record?

 

That was Jan 2018 im pretty sure

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

6z Nam has NYC at 12 degrees tomorrow afternoon with heavy snow. Lower 20s for LI.

ACY is going to have over 30 inches of snow in JANUARY at the end of this lol, they already have over 17 in the month, it will blow away the old record of 20 in JANUARY.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, EasternLI said:

Some of the models showed that light snow starting, may not really stop. Just get heavier later. That could be possible and is a hallmark of the larger events too.

Think we'll beat our record for consecutive hours of snowfall? Mine is 36 hours.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...