Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Thursday 1/20/22 Stat Padder Discussion and Observations

stormtracker

6 minutes ago, Ji said:
1 hour ago, leesburg 04 said:
2-3" Thursday 3-4" Saturday would put me at 16-18" for the season I'd take it unless Ian is right and we are pushing 90 degrees in February then I need more from these two

Last winter was way better for us

I'm not sure I agree although I was in Sykesville for the majority of winter. Seems like leesburg was on the mixed precip wagon. This year has been snow at least for the most part

5 minutes ago, Ji said:
1 hour ago, leesburg 04 said:
2-3" Thursday 3-4" Saturday would put me at 16-18" for the season I'd take it unless Ian is right and we are pushing 90 degrees in February then I need more from these two

Last winter was way better for us

At this point last year we had had the December storm and that’s it. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, leesburg 04 said:

I'm not sure I agree although I was in Sykesville for the majority of winter. Seems like leesburg was on the mixed precip wagon. This year has been snowcat least for the most part

There was no precip last year. We had the December storm, the Christmas rain, the New Years ice/rain and nada. We had almost no precip from New Years until the storm at the end of the month. It got good after that.

• Like 1

There was no precip last year. We had the December storm, the Christmas rain, the New Years ice/rain and nada. We had almost no precip from New Years until the storm at the end of the month. It got good after that.
Psu got 50 inches. It was pretty active. We had snow but alot of mixed events although the 3 day snow event was cool. Im talking primarily for the nw areas

4 minutes ago, Ji said:
22 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

Psu got 50 inches. It was pretty active. We had snow but alot of mixed events although the 3 day snow event was cool. Im talking primarily for the nw areas

Yeah. Last year was awful for most of us- several days of drawn out rain/snow/muck. 

If going into a Nina someone told me back in November that on 1/18 DCA would not only be on pace for climo, have a 6 inch event, but also ahead if BOS NYC, PHL, BWI, and even IAD, I would have signed up for that in a second. Late week falling apart sucks, but we in the immediate can’t complain. And we still may even add a little bit upcoming. Great month so far and potential is still there. 

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Ji said:
43 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

We had nothing in January until the 31st. If you’re gonna say things, say correct things.

Just now, Ji said:
3 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:
We had nothing in January until the 31st. If you’re gonna say things, say correct things.

Where did i say we had something in January?

You said last year was better. Since it’s only Jan 18, all you can compare to is winter through Jan 18 of last year. So I’ll clarify it for you. Last year through Jan 18 was far, far worse than this year has been.

• Haha 1

You said last year was better. Since it’s only Jan 18, all you can compare to is winter through Jan 18 of last year. So I’ll clarify it for you. Last year through Jan 18 was far, far worse than this year has been.
The dec pre Christmas storm last year made last last year better for me than these 3 tiny events in Leesburg and feb 2021 will be better than feb 2022. Gonna take a mecs this month for it to surpass last

1 minute ago, Ji said:
23 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

The dec pre Christmas storm last year made last last year better for me than these 3 tiny events in Leesburg and feb 2021 will be better than feb 2022. Gonna take a mecs this month for it to surpass last

Last year's December event was great. Made Christmas much more exciting. In general, this year has stunk for us in Loudoun 

• Like 1

• WxUSAF changed the title to Thursday 1/20/22 Stat Padder Discussion and Observations
  • H2O unpinned this topic