Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA - Winter 2021/2022

Bubbler86

2 minutes ago, Voyager said:

I think I need to take a break from reading this board. This is (and I'm not trolling or being a jerk) seriously depressing me...

It might be best for me, and for you guys, so as not to derail the thread or cause problems otherwise.

Models are unpredictable 3 days out much less 3 weeks. Take all that with a grain of salt. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Voyager said:

I think I need to take a break from reading this board. This is (and I'm not trolling or being a jerk) seriously depressing me...

It might be best for me, and for you guys, so as not to derail the thread or cause problems otherwise.

I ALWAYS appreciate what you have to say. You can like warm weather every bit as much as the next person who doesn't. While snow brings most people here, it's a weather forum, not a snow forum. 

53 with rain here. .34" in the bucket and I'm loving all of it. 

• Like 1

It has reached 57ºF with the winds starting to ramp up. KAOO is really ripping with the latest ob S 40mph G51mph. Nothin like that here yet, and station so far has a high gust of 24 mph. 0.78” is my rain total so far. 

Update from the earlier observation post, find the spot where the warm winds did finally mix down earlier this evening.

02172022.thumb.png.26b3da96c385b15af57310b875b8cbb0.png

Here’s a roughly 1 min or so time lapse of the clouds screaming by.

3 minutes ago, MAG5035 said:

It has reached 57ºF with the winds starting to ramp up. KAOO is really ripping with the latest ob S 40mph G51mph. Nothin like that here yet, and station so far has a high gust of 24 mph. 0.78” is my rain total so far. 

Update from the earlier observation post, find the spot where the warm winds did finally mix down earlier this evening.

02172022.thumb.png.26b3da96c385b15af57310b875b8cbb0.png

Wild they’re that high when everywhere else has been a bit lower. I understand north side might get stronger gusts but that’s interesting looking at other station. 

CTP’s new discussion mentions this. 

Winds are slowly picking up now maybe around 10 mph with gusts to 20, as the temperature has warmed from around 54 degrees 2 hours ago to the current 60.4.  So far I've recorded 0.49" of rain.  Looking at the radar there appears to be a mini squall line mostly oriented N-S between PIT and JST.  Perhaps it will hold together to give one last burst of rain.  Once again we have a sub-1000mb low as I am currently down to 997mb.  I'm guessing there is still more dropping to come before fropa in about 4 hours.

53 minutes ago, canderson said:

Wild they’re that high when everywhere else has been a bit lower. I understand north side might get stronger gusts but that’s interesting looking at other station. 

CTP’s new discussion mentions this. 

Yea I mean to be honest I was busy this afternoon and evening and didn’t even realize the wind advisory started so early at 6pm as I thought the wind was a more overnight thing. Winds are definitely screaming aloft which is evident on CCX velocity and on the time-lapse video I added on my previous post.  The cold front is past Pittsburgh but still in western PA, so I’m going to reserve judgement on winds until i get the frontal passage here and just after.  

Here is the 4:25a report from Williamsport.  We are all mixed up; our high is the current temp of 55 now and will quickly go down to 44 by 6:00a and reach 31 by 5:00p.  Winds are 21 gusting to 33.

Next week is mixed up too.  We have Monday-Wednesday in the 50s; it will be 30s for the rest of the week with Wunderground predicting 6" of snow on Thursday and another 1.5" on Friday.  A lot of snow and ice is gone but there are still some snow piles that are much higher and in far better shape than you would think they could be, considering we didn't get that much more than a foot of snow all winter.

Well, that was fun.  Got woken up around 4am with what sounded like my house being torn down and haven't slept a wink since.  Looks like my temp peaked here at 62 sometime between 4-4:30 right before the frontal passage.  Down to 40 now.  I only got a total of .29" rain though.

Hey, question for the board.  Sometime a little before 4:30 I checked the radar and there was an mPing report just to my west (looked fairly close to @Itstrainingtime) for pea sized hail.  Is this accurate or was it possibly some sleet mixing down?  The wind was too loud and the precip too brief for me to tell what the heck was hitting the house from the comfort of my sheets.  Can anybody confirm any unusual precip types or was this person just mistaken?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, anotherman said:

The front is insane.

2 hours ago, mahantango#1 said:

My temp soared to 62 some time after midnight. That Wind was insane @4:30am and .85 for the rain event.

1 hour ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

Yes, that wind & heavy rain woke me up around 4 am!

1 hour ago, Bubbler86 said:

The line woke me up as well.  No thunder that I heard, but sustained winds over 35 and raining driving into the side of the house. 

29 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Well, that was fun.  Got woken up around 4am with what sounded like my house being torn down and haven't slept a wink since.  Looks like my temp peaked here at 62 sometime between 4-4:30 right before the frontal passage.  Down to 40 now.  I only got a total of .29" rain though.

Hey, question for the board.  Sometime a little before 4:30 I checked the radar and there was an mPing report just to my west (looked fairly close to @Itstrainingtime) for pea sized hail.  Is this accurate or was it possibly some sleet mixing down?  The wind was too loud and the precip too brief for me to tell what the heck was hitting the house from the comfort of my sheets.  Can anybody confirm any unusual precip types or was this person just mistaken?

Wow, did I ever miss out - neither my wife or myself heard a thing overnight. And those types of things typically wake me up. Interesting.

I received a total of .46" of rain, .43" yesterday and only .03" with the frontal passage overnight.