Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA - Winter 2021/2022

Bubbler86

3 hours ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Well, that was fun.  Got woken up around 4am with what sounded like my house being torn down and haven't slept a wink since.  Looks like my temp peaked here at 62 sometime between 4-4:30 right before the frontal passage.  Down to 40 now.  I only got a total of .29" rain though.

Hey, question for the board.  Sometime a little before 4:30 I checked the radar and there was an mPing report just to my west (looked fairly close to @Itstrainingtime) for pea sized hail.  Is this accurate or was it possibly some sleet mixing down?  The wind was too loud and the precip too brief for me to tell what the heck was hitting the house from the comfort of my sheets.  Can anybody confirm any unusual precip types or was this person just mistaken?

3 hours ago, Anduril said:

We lost power just before the front roared through around 330ish and then it was a gail. Some pretty impressive bursts of wind since then as well. I think our garbage can might be over the river...

4am was the magic time for me as well. Set me straight up. It was dark when i left at 515 for work, but i will definitely have to do a walk around when i get home. 

1 minute ago, Bubbler86 said:

LOL, come on man.  It has been the exact opposite a LOT this year.  Not going to get into throwing models under busses right now but the EC has caved as much or more than any other suite this year.  

the EC had for sure caved in more often no doubt. I remain optimistic that it will be a colder solution. 

4 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

LOL, come on man.  It has been the exact opposite a LOT this year.  Not going to get into throwing models under busses right now but the EC has caved as much or more than any other suite this year.  

The commonality is that the model that shows the least snow or the most warmth has won almost every time. This time it’s the Euro.

1 minute ago, TimB said:

The commonality is that the model that shows the least snow or the most warmth has won almost every time. This time it’s the Euro.

That may be true more than not but I am still watching the situation.  If anything the trend today has been toward a worry of a miss south with both waves.  CMC and GFS are both questionable with wave one now (or wave two if you count the wave two days before as one).