Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA - Winter 2021/2022

Bubbler86

33 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

It’s all good. No denying the warm up next week, but it should be temporary.

I’m looking forward to the minor event on Wednesday.
Then I’m looking ahead to the week of the 20th when we should be starting to return to a better pattern. The MJO should be going into phase 7 which should help to turn the pattern more favorable for winter weather towards the holidays.

What are your thoughts on the 0z NAM? :lmao:

6 minutes ago, canderson said:

Have had a couple 46 mph gusts the past 20 mins. The inbound flight that brings the place we fly early tmrw lands in 30 mins - that’s a bumpy rude no doubt. 

You measure 46 mph gusts. Our friend in Lehighton measured 42 mph. And my station? The same 13.6 mph gust it almost always shows. I know it's not in the best wind location, but still... Since I installed it back in May, I have not had a peak gust over 20 mph.

17 minutes ago, Voyager said:

You measure 46 mph gusts. Our friend in Lehighton measured 42 mph. And my station? The same 13.6 mph gust it almost always shows. I know it's not in the best wind location, but still... Since I installed it back in May, I have not had a peak gust over 20 mph.

Your backyard is somewhat like mine with stuff all around- but I have mine on my garage eve - it’s 16’ or so off the ground. Not perfect but the best I can do. MDT ha had 46 gusts within the hour too. 

5 minutes ago, canderson said:

Your backyard is somewhat like mine with stuff all around- but I have mine on my garage eve - it’s 16’ or so off the ground. Not perfect but the best I can do. MDT ha had 46 gusts within the hour too. 

I'll admit that it's probably too low and the surrounding houses block and alter the wind flow. Almost all stations around me have measured 30+ mph gusts this evening. If I were to mount it high enough to open it up, it would be almost 30 ft off the ground. Then my temperature would probably be off.

Not a good night for a grocery store fire. If anyone is familiar with Hazleton, it gets extremely windy up there due to the elevation. Anyway, the Weis Markets store on PA93 in West Hazleton went up about a half hour ago. From video I saw, it didn't look good, and the fire was being blown toward the adjoining PetSmart store.

Here is CTP’s latest for tomorrow:

.SHORT TERM /6 PM THIS EVENING THROUGH 6 PM WEDNESDAY/...
Overnight model consensus continued to weaken and shunt deeper
moisture south of my CWA from a suppressed system heading off the mid Atlantic coast at midweek. Setup involving a weak clipper passing north of PA will produce just a bit of light
snow late tonight into Wednesday, with secondary development too weak and too far south and east to give any appreciable
accumulation to central PA. downward POP trend continued with this package for Tuesday night and Wednesday with the best chance for light WAA snow over the southwest mtns/southern tier of CPA.

Well....lets enjoy a couple mood flakes tomorrow (for the lower 1/3 of Pa, then get out the tanning lotion so we look good n tan when winter white returns hopefully before Christmas.  Was worried yesterday about the norther qpf being shown, based on SLP being so far south and not very stout.  Oh well, it's early gang.  Plenty of time for fun.  

1 hour ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Cold has definitely penetrated the Rouzer gang. A balmy 30 here right now.

30 here too, but it feels colder. I have been outside at work for an hour early this morning. Time to break out the carhart. the flannel didn't cut it.

I didn't think the wind was bad last night. Sure we had higher gusts, but we have had worse not long ago.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Voyager said:

Yeah it's all about siting when it comes to anemometers.  After a while I just took mine down because, like you, I couldn't get any readings worth a crap.

3 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

My call of .3 to .4" is in jeopardy. 

Gotta say I'm surprised at how far south this SLP is staying.  I'll admit a bust on that for sure.  NAO relaxing and headed + was a sign that this should lift into our region more than it did.  Hoping for mood flakes, although it may take more than that to offset the bunk pattern for the next 2 weeks.  Oh well...onto other things till signs of life from 'ol man winter come back.....just hope he comes back sooner than later ;) 

Just now, pasnownut said:

Gotta say I'm surprised at how far south this SLP is staying.  I'll admit a bust on that for sure.  NAO relaxing and headed + was a sign that this should lift into our region more than it did.  Hoping for mood flakes, although it may take more than that to offset the bunk pattern for the next 2 weeks.  Oh well...onto other things till signs of life from 'ol man winter come back.....just hope he comes back sooner than later ;) 

Every year I take extended time off over the holidays and hardly ever do I have anything to track. I'll gladly exchange tomorrow for a nice snowfall between Christmas and New Year's...or even on Christmas Eve. :) 

• Like 3

So we get these ridiculously torchy Decembers in El Niño years (2015) and in La Niña years (2021) and it’s confusing. It’s almost like the ENSO status isn’t the driving factor and there’s something else at play, but I can’t put my finger on what it is.