Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Monitoring a potential important TV to East Coastal storm: Jan 17

Typhoon Tip

43 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

Pattern  turns cold after the driving rainstorm 

Ant, please stop with the Debbie BS. It’s Wednesday.  It’s gonna change a dozen times between now and Monday.  The far western tracks are spurious at best.  It could happen…but this is not the final outcome by far.  And you’re ready to jump off the George Washington bridge.  Don’t be a flip flopper 5 days out.  By Saturday, literally who knows what we’ll see? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

BTV disco makes a good point that the the system responsible for this is south of the Aleutians. The most recent ASCAT-C pass for the NPAC shows plenty of gale force winds and likely will be storm force on next pass. Taking the EPS 120hr and 144hr verbatim shows a classic climatological outcome that works well for the mountains (snow) and the coast (surf), reminds me of how weather used to work before when the source of data was the newspaper!

7 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

What? You are an absolute mess 

He is! God what a melt.  

It’s hideous seeing grown men act like wimpering morons. Get a grip for god sakes.  This is exactly why you don’t make thread at a week out…but nobody ever listens. Cuz you have folks flipping out every run.  It’s f’n Wednesday, the storm is Monday, and we’re locked in with the final solution I guess?  If that’s the case, let’s just lock up this thread, and start the next one for next Thursday..ya that’s a great idea.   

Let’s use some meteorology Anthony. Instead of living and dying with each model run. Sad! 

• Weenie 2

4 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

He is! God what a melt.  

It’s hideous seeing grown men act like wimpering morons. Get a grip for god sakes.  This is exactly why you don’t make thread at a week out…but nobody ever listens. Cuz you have folks flipping out every run.  It’s f’n Wednesday, the storm is Monday, and we’re locked in with the final solution I guess?  If that’s the case, let’s just lock up this thread, and start the next one for next Thursday..ya that’s a great idea.   

Let’s use some meteorology Anthony. Instead of living and dying with each model run. Sad! 

A good song for you.

• Haha 5

3 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

He is! God what a melt.  

Agreed. I mean basic understanding of climatology shows how rare a track like the gfs is. I mean we are talking Sandy rare. Storms like to hug the coast or go west of the mountains. If we start seeing some cutter tracks then it’s time to worry about rain in Vermont. Otherwise keep an open mind 

Just now, WinterWolf said:

Hey, believe the crazy modeling on Wednesday morning if you want. And flip flop every model run…fine with me. Folks just make themselves look unhinged. I however will not.   Let’s see what we have come Friday night and Saturday?  Cooler heads will prevail. 

We’ll know before then but yea, we have a day or two of cycles to see if it rains to Montreal or if it corrects se. 

1 minute ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

We’ll know before then but yea, we have a day or two of cycles to see if it rains to Montreal or if it corrects se. 

Perhaps? But not always.  I mean if we’re so sure of the outcome at 5 days out, then let’s lock up this thread, and start the next one..I’m serious. Let’s start the next thread and check this up as toast.  

I can’t stand the whining…some of these guys need to be bitch slapped. Its unreadable. 

3 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Perhaps? But not always.  I mean if we’re so sure of the outcome at 5 days out, then let’s lock up this thread, and start the next one..I’m serious. Let’s start the next thread and check this up as toast.  

I can’t stand the whining…some of these guys need to be bitch slapped. Its unreadable. 

I’d pay to see you bitch slap Ant while he is uniform and on duty. 

• Haha 1