• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
East coast storm targets our subforum Noon Sunday-3PM Monday 1/16-17/22 with significant impact potential for heavy snow/heavy rain, a period of gusts 45-60 MPH along the coast with possible coastal flooding Monday morning high tide.

wdrag

That's an impressive H5 progression on the GFS. Suddenly there looks to be nothing to stop this from blasting precip. back to Toronto, Ottawa, and even deeper into the Quebec interior. SLP in ALB is not a great track for us. And this could probably go to Syracuse. I take little comfort from the ensembles. Hopefully 0z at least stops the bleeding and we can start clawing back some ground.

• Confused 2

HI!  Glad there is still a ballgame for the weekend.  Will post an updated thread title at 8am Wednesday when I know I have the time. 

Will do a a semi thorough review at 1030pm but not attempt a successful adjustment til 8am Wed.   Suspect will also start the Friday morning thread at 8am Wed.

Everything needs to be on the table in advance in the forum  we learn from each other.

Fwiw, the 17z WPC D4-6 do not have the 12z ensembles incorporated.   Tonight’s 5z issuance should be, Ithink a little further west and confident of a substantial event near ATL to interior N.C.  VA.  

more as time allows overnight or Wed AM.  On call. Walt

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Franklin0529 said:

Eps pretty far east. Anything from suppressed to inland runners on the table.

I think it’s safe to say an OTS track is off the table. The ensembles  are east of the OP cause it’s showing stronger confluence hence the offshore track. My gut tells me it goes to the BM or just inside.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, EasternLI said:

Yesterday: 

Storm absolutely crushed ots.

Today:

Storm absolutely cutting inside.

Only 5 days left to hold it exactly how it's shown today. 

what exactly is causing such a variance in tracks? Isn't there some kind of error correction code that can be programmed into these models to make them not vary so much?

4 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

We could really use some confluence to force an offshore track. A vigorous trough like that will want to cut somewhere. The ridge out west nudging east would also help. 

I want mature, wrapped up mid-level lows with a bombing surface low. I don't want to suppress that. I just want the trof to go neutral further east. The past few runs it's just setting up too far west. The vortmax doesn't need to swing west all the way out to CO. It might as well take a more direct route through IA, MS, AL and all the way down to northern FL. It can go to town from there. A severely negatively tilted cutoff in western VA is going to be a problem for us.

27 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

We could really use some confluence to force an offshore track. A vigorous trough like that will want to cut somewhere. The ridge out west nudging east would also help. 

Yup. This is exactly what I was saying and why I think the coast torches. Unfortunately. 

• wdrag changed the title to East coast storm targets our subforum Noon Sunday-3PM Monday 1/16-17/22 with significant impact potential for heavy snow/heavy rain, a period of gusts 45-60 MPH along the coast with possible coastal flooding Monday morning high tide.
  • Rjay unpinned this topic