• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Upstate/Eastern New York-Pattern Change Vs Tughill Curse?

1 hour ago, CNY_WX said:

Riding right along the southern edge of this band. I’m in and out of some heavy snow showers. This one that’s about to hit should be interesting. 5B48F1C9-CAC1-4F0B-A9F8-65CF0E245930.thumb.png.6f768e97cc5205b34cb28437d4dcf00b.png

If i read that radar map right I'm virtually due west of you. Maybe a touch south of due west.

Snowing pretty hard.

3 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

As soon as it started moving south, it started fizzling quickly. :(

Perhaps I'll get a few good cells to train over my locale. 

Not gonna lie, it's #poundtown here attm. Intensity a but sporadic but looking good overall. Band seems roughly stationary.

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, Syrmax said:

If i read that radar map right I'm virtually due west of you. Maybe a touch south of due west.

Snowing pretty hard.

I think that was the last heavy cell to move through here. There were a couple upstream that looked promising but they fell apart. I don’t think I’m that far from you but I have just enough additional latitude to get me into some of these bands while you get flurries. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Syrmax said:

Not gonna lie, it's #poundtown here attm. Intensity a but sporadic but looking good overall. Band seems roughly stationary.

29 minutes ago, CNY_WX said:

I think that was the last heavy cell to move through here. There were a couple upstream that looked promising but they fell apart. I don’t think I’m that far from you but I have just enough additional latitude to get me into some of these bands while you get flurries. 

Made it into the band about 10 minutes ago...heavy snow falling. :)

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, BGM Blizzard said:

Good writeup from Albany

Screenshot_20220125-202738_Chrome.thumb.jpg.c8aa5115551f1af37b6919d346178680.jpg

Interesting about ridge building downstream of cyclone development being a model issue. Some good thermodynamic principles being cited there. KALY used to have some really good AFDs back when I read them more often while living there. 

• Like 1