• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Upstate/Eastern New York-Pattern Change Vs Tughill Curse?

8 minutes ago, Syrmax said:

Well, we may be having a lousy synootic winter but at least the climatoligically coldest part of winter and the lake has kept this place snowy. Living in the southern snowbelts I'd usually have taken this over that all the time.

Yes! It’s beautiful out. 4” fresh today. On top of a deep pack. No blacktop is visible anymore. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BGM Blizzard said:

Heavy helping of Cirrus is in store for all or most of the forum unless we get some big changes and soon.

BGM is probably the furthest west I think for something like 2-4" unless this ends up getting tucked in somehow and crashing into LI/CT. No modeling has shown that for over a week, I think.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

Got room for a couple stowaways? I'll sit in the trunk and @Syrmaxcan ride on the roof.

I got asked to go hiking in adk this weekend. I told my buds there might be a storm but unlikely. Still would be socked in clouds, I want a blue bird day. 

having chased with @DeltaT13in his truck man that dude was moving I could barely keep up. He’s an animal chasing. I’m more of a Jeb walk kind of guy. 

6952317B-12FA-4B0C-864A-65C6D75E4EA8.gif

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

I got asked to go hiking in adk this weekend. I told my buds there might be a storm but unlikely. Still would be socked in clouds, I want a blue bird day. 

having chased with @DeltaT13in his truck man that dude was moving I could barely keep up. He’s an animal chasing. I’m more of a Jeb walk kind of guy. 

6952317B-12FA-4B0C-864A-65C6D75E4EA8.gif

I remember watching that video and thinking how you were blowing through the stop signs. Now I know why... :lol:

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Syrmax said:

00Z GFS....LOL. Congrats Nantucket. Thing rapidly deepening and slides outside the 40/70 BM.  Chase cancel! 

We might not even see high cirrus in CNY...maybe on eastern horizon. Wow.

So, you think we can get the cutter slated for next week to move hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of miles SE to jackpot us then?

Nah...of course not.

3 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

So, you think we can get the cutter slated for next week to move hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of miles SE to jackpot us then?

Nah...of course not.

The upcoming pattern highly favors many chances at synoptic events the first 2 weeks of February as we enter a gradient pattern. There will definitely be some rainers in there though.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Although it's not the dark greens being displayed earlier, the wind has shifted and NW Onondaga is getting a moderate to heavy snowfall currently. Definitely heavier than the returns would imply. Just looked outside and I would say we have picked up 3 to 4 inches since 8:30 with big flakes falling presently.

• Like 1