• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Upstate/Eastern New York-Pattern Change Vs Tughill Curse?

2 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

SYR to Connecticut is 4-5 hours? I'd probably decide the night before.

Yeah, I'm thinking this would be a short fused trip...need much better model agreement...it's 4.5 hrs to SECT from here, 5 hrs to Boston. Would need to leave here Friday afternoon. 

6 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

UK is way east, more than GFS is.

sn10_acc.us_ne.png

Right now it's GooFus & Ukie heading for Flemish Cap against Canadians. Euro will be interesting...no idea on the B Team...

Edit: ICON between those 2 camps...solid hit for ENE but not so much west of there.

1 hour ago, Syrmax said:

00Z GFS....LOL. Congrats Nantucket. Thing rapidly deepening and slides outside the 40/70 BM.  Chase cancel! 

We might not even see high cirrus in CNY...maybe on eastern horizon. Wow.

Honestly it's getting close to that time where it becomes too far fetched for this to come west enough for i81 to get anything decent. Time to start hoping it east ots? There'd be some epic NE melts.

• Haha 1

I look at the pattern change next week in a good way for us snow lovers. After the 48 hours or so of puke mild air, we get into several waves that could bring some substantial snows to the CWA. As I believe BW pointed out earlier there will be a stalled frontal zone somewhere near NY and PA with slit of energy riding along it. If it’s far enough to our SE we could be in for some appreciable snows during that stretch. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BGM Blizzard said:

Honestly it's getting close to that time where it becomes too far fetched for this to come west enough for i81 to get anything decent. Time to start hoping it east ots? There'd be some epic NE melts.

Lol. Bad Karma won’t help us!  

It’s still 81 hours out. Nothing is impossible at this juncture. I had my heart ripped out of my chest too may times growing up down there!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Colder winters equal snowier winters almost always. Need cold to snow, especially with global warming 

Absolutely, I will take the cold evening if it means drier and take my chances, the snow will come. It may be nickel and dimes, but it will come.

Seriously, you Buffalo guys seem to get snow from any wind direction this month. You would by far average waaaay more snow than CNY if Lake Erie didn't freeze over. We have to rely on a northerly component to the wind to get anything from a lake around these parts. Maybe with milder winters and less freezing, your average will surpass ours in the years to come.