Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter Banter

Rjay

34 minutes ago, Nibor said:

"If it's not gonna snow it might as well be warm" is the spiritual "Live Laugh Love" of the forum.

Good evening Nibor. Thank you for giving me the incentive to check that wonderful and appropriate, for us, quote. Ms Stanley is credited with another which fits Don and the beautiful photos he often posts. “He has achieved success who has never lacked appreciation of earth’s beauty or failed to express it”. I guess years from now our forum will be renowned for originating the short two word phrase “Winter cancel”. In that distant time it just might be true. As always ….

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, CIK62 said:

Just for my information:

Does anyone know for what reason Fireworks are being shot off near the Statue of Liberty at 6:30pm for 2 minutes and again right now at 6:55pm.

I can see,hear and feel them here in CI, 9.5mi. away?     Thanks.

Celebrate another mask mandate? Yea! Boom!

• Haha 4

23 minutes ago, BxEngine said:

Its almost like you can tell who voted for who based on how they respond to posts about warmth. Very weird. 

Reagan, Reagan, Bush senior, Clinton, Clinton, Bush junior, Obama, Obama, did not vote  trump.  slightly right leaning independent.  It just seems that in this region most people are on the warm side compared to the other forums im on and the other regions on this site.

1 minute ago, binbisso said:

Reagan, Reagan, Bush senior, Clinton, Clinton, Bush junior, Obama, Obama, did not vote  trump.  slightly right leaning independent.  It just seems that in this region most people are on the warm side compared to the other forums im on and the other regions on this site.

There's one warm biased poster in this subforum.  Anyone else who seems to have a warm bias is just stating facts.  If the pattern looked cold or even seasonal they'd just say so.  

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Rjay said:

There's one warm biased poster in this subforum.  Anyone else who seems to have a warm bias is just stating facts.  If the pattern looked cold or even seasonal they'd just say so.  

Well I have to tend to disagree.  Weather is all about probabilities.  Let's say there's a 25% chance of cold and snow in the 7 to 14 day forecast.  In this region that percentage is never discussed.  Posters from other  Regions like ORH,  Carver's, psu Hoffman  And others would discuss that possibility but not really in this region except for MJO allsnow and Eastern LI.  By the way over the years that 25% has verified quite often

• Confused 2

4 minutes ago, EasternLI said:

I enjoy looking for colder outcomes. To me, warm is far and away the favorite as we move forward through the years. I enjoy cheering for underdogs. I do wish we would do something about it. However, it seems to me there's just too much money to be made not doing anything. 

I enjoy looking for it too.  I've appreciated your posts lately.  

There is something we can do about it but you're right, we won't.  

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

40 minutes ago, Rjay said:

"Euro/GFS/GGEM all have something to watch for 12/20 timeframe. They also have one for 12/18 but it seems like NNE might be the place to be for snow in that one. "

Here is a great example of what I'm talking about.  This from a poster in the New England forum.  I know you'll say this is from the New England region but half of our region averages more snow than Connecticut.  It's 9 days away and it's on the ensembles and besides a few posters all you hear about is how warm it's gonna be  Or how fast the Pacific jet is but there is a very real possibility that we snow during that time frame for at least parts of this region.  I mean half the fun is tracking the other half Is when it verifies

•  

5 minutes ago, binbisso said:

"Euro/GFS/GGEM all have something to watch for 12/20 timeframe. They also have one for 12/18 but it seems like NNE might be the place to be for snow in that one. "

Here is a great example of what I'm talking about.  This from a poster in the New England forum.  I know you'll say this is from the New England region but half of our region averages more snow than Connecticut.  It's 9 days away and it's on the ensembles and besides a few posters all you hear about is how warm it's gonna be  Or how fast the Pacific jet is but there is a very real possibility that we snow during that time frame for at least parts of this region.  I mean half the fun is tracking the other half Is when it verifies

•  

There's a signal for interior sections of this subforum but better chances in New England.  The fact does remain that this pattern isn't good for snow in our subforum.   

You are free to track any threat you want. That's what's great about wx forums.  Feel free to post about this threat.  There's zero harm in it.  You best believe metsfan is already all over this.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rjay said:

There's a signal for interior sections of this subforum but better chances in New England.  The fact does remain that this pattern isn't good for snow in our subforum.   

You are free to track any threat you want. That's what's great about wx forums.  Feel free to post about this threat.  There's zero harm in it.  You best believe metsfan is already all over this threat.

lol. Yes.  He usually beats me to it.